Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Dec 24, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #242 of 1,991
I bought my xDuoo X10 from Shenzen, it took almost a moth to get it, but I have it now. From Penon i Purchased in the past few times and no issue either. Very low prices are hiding some glitches obviously.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #243 of 1,991

Penon already have some units I think.  They told me they can ship out as soon as the 23rd so you might want to check that out with them and try to ask for discount. :D

I just found a Penon E-Bay listing for the M1s. Still at $249  w/ 'Free' shipping. It looks like shipping is $30 to the US direct from Aune.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #244 of 1,991

I just found a Penon E-Bay listing for the M1s. Still at $249  w/ 'Free' shipping. It looks like shipping is $30 to the US direct from Aune.

Try contacting them through Facebook.  Search for the account Chi Kong Hui with the Penon logo as display picture.  You can inquire by chat and try to ask if they are giving discounts for early orders.  No harm in trying.  :)

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #245 of 1,991
  I bought my xDuoo X10 from Shenzen, it took almost a moth to get it, but I have it now. From Penon i Purchased in the past few times and no issue either. Very low prices are hiding some glitches obviously.

I wouldn't trust the ones offering cheap prices. Unless being vouched for by the majority here.  I have ordered a lot of stuff from AliExpress but not yet from Shenzhen Audio.  I have no idea how long do they usually ship things.  Penon is usually my choice.  They ship out my orders quickly and arrive in about 2 weeks or so, unlike other AliEx stores that usually take more than a month to arrive.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #246 of 1,991
I wouldn't trust the ones offering cheap prices. Unless being vouched for by the majority here.  I have ordered a lot of stuff from AliExpress but not yet from Shenzhen Audio.  I have no idea how long do they usually ship things.  Penon is usually my choice.  They ship out my orders quickly and arrive in about 2 weeks or so, unlike other AliEx stores that usually take more than a month to arrive.

Shenzhen Audio is reliable. They even have their own site.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #248 of 1,991
Yes, no question about legitimacy.  I have browsed their site before and talked to a representative.  Just not yet tried ordering.  Their site appears to be more elaborate and detailed than Penon's.  They even have a Japanese domain!

I'm going to order the M1S from there next week.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #249 of 1,991

I live in Czech Republic. Even from other European countries it took about week to get package to my home. So month from Shenzen is nothing special.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #251 of 1,991
I'm thinking of getting one from Penon next month.  They might give a discount since I have been their regular customer for quite some time already.  I'm just waiting for more reviews and maybe for the case to be announced.

I hope the M1S can support 256 GBs.

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #253 of 1,991
I think M1s is definitely worth twice its price considering just listening straight from it. The only disadvantages of this device is its low storage of 128GB at max, no opt. out and no proper line out. The line out/phone out seems to be quite fine for me though. And the low storage problem can definitely be solved by bringing one to two more uSD cards along. I am capable of purchasing it at 1400 HKD which is around 180 USD. I compared it with the new FIIO X5 iii gen and I think it is way better in terms of sound quality. Though its sound is great, FIIO is way better in the UI with the touch screen and it looks also better than M1s. XDUOO is almost at the same price but i would say it is not in the same criteria as M1s.

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #255 of 1,991

Balanced Monk Plus arrived this morning, and I'm sold on its performance once again with the Aune M1s! Monk Plus balanced really really surprised me. Thanks Jacob Navis for the recommendation! I'll mail my extra pair out to you next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back