Aune DAC/Headphone Amp Problem :(
Dec 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kmbadlose

New Head-Fier
Bought one of these DAC/Headphone Amps a few weeks ago from a private seller:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/438473/info-on-the-aune-usb-dac-amp

Everything worked wonderfully until today when I noticed that only one channel was working on the USB/SPDIF  (Digital) side over the headphones and out from the RCAs.  However the Analog side is working fine with a source attached to the Analog RCA pots.

Any idea what could have gone wrong?  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 4
I am having the same problem with you with my Aune unit, but mine is the Aune T1. It has channel imbalance as the left channel is considerably louder than the right.

If you have the same problem with me then the faulty part would probably be the DAC. The amp part of the DAC + amp is working flawlessly, but if used as just DAC or DAC + amp the channel imbalance will be present again.

You should return it for a warranty ASAP. I didn't because I can't be bothered to ship it all the way to China. I've messed with the channel balance setting in the windows sound properties and adjusted the levels. and all set.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 4
I had a similar problem with my Teradak - it turned out to be a problem with the driver software. I downloaded a new driver, and it worked perfectly.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Update:
Fixed the problem..... Opened the aune and notice the opamp was not completely pushed down into the socket. Also noticed that it wasn't the 2134 in there. It is the LF 353 :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back