Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted!
May 27, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #121 of 185
So I'm in the middle of moving to a new apartment so I wanted to push my review out before things get hectic for me. Its a little earlier than I generally push out reviews, but I did spent a LOT of time all of yesterday and today with these, and I think my idea of it is very solid, so I feel pretty confident putting the review out.

Link for anyone interested:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-b1/reviews/13241

May 27, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #122 of 185
  So I'm in the middle of moving to a new apartment so I wanted to push my review out before things get hectic for me. Its a little earlier than I generally push out reviews, but I did spent a LOT of time all of yesterday and today with these, and I think my idea of it is very solid, so I feel pretty confident putting the review out.

Link for anyone interested:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-b1/reviews/13241

Nice review! It seems we're the only two so far 
biggrin.gif
 Please put a link of the review in the impressions thread for the B1, so I could edit that into the OP of the thread. Thank you!

May 27, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #123 of 185
I usually don't write review on items until after I have at least a weeks time with them. going to restrain myself from looking at either of my reviews until I write down my own sonic impressions so not to give myself any expectation biases.

really excited to see how well my impressions match up with yours after I'm done. cheers!

@avitron142, congrats on making it to the front page! :)

May 27, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #124 of 185
I usually don't write review on items until after I have at least a weeks time with them. going to restrain myself from looking at either of my reviews until I write down my own sonic impressions so not to give myself any expectation biases.

really excited to see how well my impressions match up with yours after I'm done. cheers!

@avitron142
, congrats on making it to the front page! :)

Thanks for this :beerchug:

May 27, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #125 of 185

That's usually my philosophy as well. I do feel that you need to give it time to get settled in and all that good stuff. This is kind of a special case since moving to a new apartment is hectic! I did spend basically all of yesterday and today glued to it though haha.

May 27, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #127 of 185

Thanks! 
etysmile.gif
 There's one small point of debate between my review and @Cotnijoe 's (not going to say what it is, I know better than that) so I'm eager to hear what you'll say. Regardless, really excited for your review! Good luck!

May 27, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #128 of 185
Yeah, I don't want to rush my review either. I haven't even opened mine yet since I've been busy with work. XD

The deadline is July 16, no? That should be plenty of time for me to get some nice listening sessions in.

I was actually kind of confused with the deadline, which in hindsight, I probably should have asked. I believe they said in the rules of the review that each person gets the review unit for just two weeks, and we have until July to write the actual review itself. But then some of us will get to keep our units, which i guess will be announced in july. So does that mean we have to send it back after the two weeks?

I probably shoulda clarified with them. If i have until July to write my review, I woulda sat back and relaxed and had a good time haha. But in two weeks... the unit ended up arriving at a bit of a time crunch time

May 27, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #129 of 185

I was actually kind of confused with the deadline, which in hindsight, I probably should have asked. I believe they said in the rules of the review that each person gets the review unit for just two weeks, and we have until July to write the actual review itself. But then some of us will get to keep our units, which i guess will be announced in july. So does that mean we have to send it back after the two weeks?

I probably shoulda clarified with them. If i have until July to write my review, I woulda sat back and relaxed and had a good time haha. But in two weeks... the unit ended up arriving at a bit of a time crunch time

Tell me about it. I have 4 serious finals early next week and I haven't really started studying for any of them, least of all the Calc. 2 exam. But I'm glad I got my priorities straight 
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #130 of 185
Also avitron. What gear were you using? I know you have the 7XX. I dont think i caught what else was used.

May 27, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #131 of 185
  Also avitron. What gear were you using? I know you have the 7XX. I dont think i caught what else was used.

I think I mentioned that I also used the KRK KNS-8400, the Sleek Audio SA7, and for a brief while the B&O H6. That was all the equipment either I or my friends had on hand.

Edit: I used the Shozy Alien as a source player, although I used other amps with the Alien as well to make sure whatever oddities I found weren't from the source, but the amp.

May 27, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #132 of 185

I think I mentioned that I also used the KRK KNS-8400, the Sleek Audio SA7, and for a brief while the B&O H6. That was all the equipment either I or my friends had on hand.

How bout your source. That's what Im most interested in knowing

May 27, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #134 of 185

Oh yeah, you're right.

Reviewers get two weeks with the units:
3.Review Period : We will send B1 on 21th ,May ,each participant will be able to enjoy the product for two weeks after receiving .

but the review has to be published before July 15:
6.Review ended time : If the participants, who have received the B1, can post the full review with high quality photos on head-Fi forum and recommend to your facebook page ( send the appropriate facebook link to our mailbox )before 15th ,July can get the B1 for free ,it limited for 5pcs of B1 , the rest people can choose resend the B1 to our distributor in your country or you can buy the B1 with half of the retail price

How the recipients of the free units are chosen are still unknown though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back