AudioValve LUMINARE & VERTO : for Stax headphones and for all dynamic headphones
Sep 18, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #62 of 352
Ha Ha, like that! RKV, Ik RKV, Ik RKV. Hey, who said I had a tick?

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #63 of 352
KGSShv Ik, KGSShv Ik, KGSShv Ik, BHSE Ik! Hey I feel I am getting better already..... 

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #64 of 352
Eric, have you ever thought about doing things in moderation ?.
Or writing about something other than the RKV-II + Verto box.

Hum ..., with moderation. Who ?

David1961 : Thread BHSE : 471 posts ....
wink.gif

Edit : Oh, sorry (error) : 477 posts

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #65 of 352
Eric, have you ever thought about doing things in moderation ?.

Or writing about something other than the RKV-II + Verto box.

David1961 : Thread BHSE : 471 posts ....:wink:  

I haven't counted how many posts I've written about the BHSE so 477 is probably what I've done, but that's over about 3 years, however a lot has been written about the BHSE by plenty of other head-fiers.
I've also written about other things besides the BHSE.
You on the other hand seem to be the only one rattling on about those two you keep rattling on about, ( I don't think I need to mention what those two are ) and I've not seen any post by you about anything else.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #68 of 352
el34ph not suitable as a replacement for pcl805 in rkv circuit due to very low B+.

only mikhail was nuts enough to do 650V B+ on an otl amp. (actually about 800V on one particular unit)

lundahl however is a great idea.  Costs a bunch more too.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #69 of 352
Hi Kevin
Have you an opinion on the RKV + Verto amp as a suitable device for the 007s or 009s?
I am curious, if it is that good, why not more users or posts saying how great it is?

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #70 of 352
i actually went to the trouble of building a rkv2. boards files available to anyone.
Listened to it. Compared to many current amplifiers out there, its just awful.
Very high feedback, high TIM design.
(otl: lcd2,hd800,he6 etc) No way am i going to buy a verto to test it.
just the passive music driven bias part alone is horrible fail.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #71 of 352
Opps. I thought as much. The Stat amp market is good to have high quality players and expertise for the higher end users.
It is not so hot if poor quality amps are lauded as the answer to all. Maybe to some the RKV sounds ok. It may be the amount
of exposure to the alternatives? For example, I am very surprised and impressed how well the 007 and 009s scale up.
The better the amp and source, the more they keep going up notch. Remarkable headphones IMO.

I also was shocked how good the 507s sound on the KGSShv. That is an affordable system right there.

I am most than happy with my KGSShv off-board. It makes the 009s a detail phone but also a bass freak as well.
Effectively whatever is in the source comes through with the highest quality. It makes me smile everytime I hear it,
which is what this hobby is about right?

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #72 of 352

David1961 : Thread BHSE : 471 posts ....:wink:  

Seeing how you went out of your way to count how many posts I've written about the BHSE, I thought I'd have a look at some of the posts you've written ( not all because I've better things to do ) .
In the time you started going on head-fi which was 2013 you've written 379 posts, and the several I saw were all about those two you go on and on and on and on about, so it wouldn't surprise me if all your 379 posts were about those two items.

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #73 of 352
Seeing how you went out of your way to count how many posts I've written about the BHSE, I thought I'd have a look at some of the posts you've written ( not all because I've better things to do ) .
In the time you started going on head-fi which was 2013 you've written 379 posts, and the several I saw were all about those two you go on and on and on and on about, so it wouldn't surprise me if all your 379 posts were about those two items.

False : for example : http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/3885#post_9760535

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #74 of 352
  i actually went to the trouble of building a rkv2. boards files available to anyone.
Listened to it. Compared to many current amplifiers out there, its just awful.
Very high feedback, high TIM design.
(otl: lcd2,hd800,he6 etc) No way am i going to buy a verto to test it.
just the passive music driven bias part alone is horrible fail.

Amen. 

Thanks, first  listen to a combo RKV- II + Verto 2 (of origin) before commenting.

As soon as you will be in tourist visit in France, we will organize two consultations: with Pierre Paya (Nimes) and myself (Near Lyon). There is much to discuss.

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #75 of 352

False : for example : http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/3885#post_9760535

Sorry 378 posts then, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back