AudioValve LUMINARE & VERTO : for Stax headphones and for all dynamic headphones
Apr 3, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #286 of 352
Meanwhile back at the CanJam aftermath fallout, the reviewers of the luminaire are staying away in their droves.................. 
L3000.gif

Perhaps all those attendees who were fortunate to have attended the Audeze table were so shellshocked at the quality, they have yet to recover.  
basshead.gif

Their communicatory abilities are in overload and may need sufficient time (read, weeks/months) to broach this sublect in any coherent manner. 
confused_face(1).gif

Thus, it behoves us to grant these people/victims the necessary recovery period the gain their equanimity and mental equalibrium to relate their encounter in a coherent manner. 
blink.gif

Please, be patient, psychological healing can take an inordinant ammount of time.   Be generous, folks.......   
wink_face.gif

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #288 of 352
Yes, I am pretty sure the painted tuna can used to house the step up transformer at the back needs some sorbothane !

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #290 of 352
  How can anyone able to draw any reasonable conclusion when the source as well as cabling feeding both amps are not identical?  I declare my DIY T2 sound the best with the SR009, b/c I did compare it against the KGSSHVs, BHSE, SRM-727II, and KGST using the same source/cablings.  

How anybody could manage to draw strong conclusions given meet conditions is another question.
As much as I think meets is a great idea and love reading meet comparisons, the loud environment is poor for evaluating gear connected to non isolating headphones so I take it with a great deal of salt.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #291 of 352
The problem here is that there are copious amounts of impressions on the CanJam review thread about all sorts of gear at the show, but all there is of the Luminaire is a couple of pics from the Audeze table.

The lack of mention of the Luminaire is devastating. 
basshead.gif

There must have been hundreds of listeners of the Audeze gear there, and the Luminaire is not something that escapes notice easily.
wink_face.gif

So the only conclusion is that it's not outstandingly good nor outstandingly bad. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #292 of 352
Wink,

About fish, if you like fish (and the French language and also critics of the Luminare amp and electrostatic amplifiers with output transformers ...) you can read this:

By dub, about fish, April 1: http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178494965.html#p178494965

By me, about critics of the luminare amp : http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178496635.html#p178496635

By adamaley and the nice F. Cooter amp : http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178497036.html#p178497036

Eric

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #294 of 352
  The problem here is that there are copious amounts of impressions on the CanJam review thread about all sorts of gear at the show, but all there is of the Luminaire is a couple of pics from the Audeze table.

The lack of mention of the Luminaire is devastating. 
basshead.gif

There must have been hundreds of listeners of the Audeze gear there, and the Luminaire is not something that escapes notice easily.
wink_face.gif

So the only conclusion is that it's not outstandingly good nor outstandingly bad. 
rolleyes.gif

Two possible explanations as I see it. Either it's mediocre with the headphones at the meet or it hasn't gained enough interest/hype before the meet so people don't take notice what amp is driving the cans. People at the Audeze booth are there to listen to the Audeze's, not an obscure European amp. Or a combination.

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #296 of 352

Two possible explanations as I see it. Either it's mediocre with the headphones at the meet or it hasn't gained enough interest/hype before the meet so people don't take notice what amp is driving the cans. People at the Audeze booth are there to listen to the Audeze's, not an obscure European amp. Or a combination.

I see things differently.

Let me explain: there were two categories of people likely to listen Luminare amplifier at the last CanJam:

1: the majority who did not even know the existence of Luminare (because not enough advertising) and could not know they were listening to a Luminare at the Stand Audeze  (because no person present a big label in front of the amp boasting its merits and his pedigree; it was not his function, it just had to serve in the best way Audeze headphone at the Stand Audeze, no more, no less). In this regard, Audeze people are not masochists; if Luminare was a bad amplifier, they would not have chosen as a demonstration for their Audeze headphones)

2: the small minority who knew that would be present a Luminare at the CanJam to the Stand Audeze (especially those who followed the thread Luminare). Unfortunately it must be said, for most critics of the Luminare amp (even before listening to it).
I can see for them only two possibilities:
a) They listened to the Luminare: if it was very good, they keep well let know; if it was bad or even passable, they would not have denied the report.
b) they have not listened to the Luminare amp, either through ignorance (they have forgotten), or else by an sufficiency attitude ?

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #297 of 352

Welcome back Eric!

Saw the Luminare at CanJam as I walked by the Audeze table. Didn't realize what it was until after the show. If my memory serves me correctly, it was not labeled or displayed in any manner that identified it. In fact you could barely tell it was there.  If I'd known what it was, I definitely would have had a listen. Hopefully it will come to California again.

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #298 of 352
Thank you Frank!

Here's some news to give you:

Recently, three new pages of discussion on the Verto / Luminare thread, on HCFR, with reminders about the various modes operating of the Verto box and Luminare amp (and I have to tell passably complex).
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178505604.html#p178505604

Otherwise, in one month will be presented the Luminare amp at the HIGH-END in Munich (M.O.C)

That's it.

Eric

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #300 of 352
So, you liked cheese on lavosh cracker more than avocado dip on wholemeal bread.

If you also tried cheese on wholemeal bread and avocado dip on lavosh cracker the experience would be more meaningful for comparison.

I hope you liked both experiences enough to want to experience them again.....   
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back