Audiosurf
Feb 16, 2008 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Gautama

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard of this? Basically it is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. You speed up and slow down and the background pulsates and such depending on your music, it looks quite physcadelic when you're playing. There is a free demo out on the net right now, I highly recommend you give it a shot.

Plus, it plays FLAC
cool.gif

YouTube - Audiosurf - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Feb 16, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 14
It would be cool if the track you were riding on was a waveform of the song...

But, looks cool, my roommate was actually playing this earlier!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 14
Cool idea, but seems poorly executed.... the background is lifeless, and the speed up/down relation to the music is just about imperceptible...

As for the riding the waveform idea, good on paper but waveform changes too quickly to use as a track, crest would change into a trough in like half a sec and it'll be unplayable.

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 14
If this had multiplayer function where you join a room with other players and you play a song...I have it and I enjoy it a lot heh

I wonder if they can track what songs you play and have the RIAA hunt you down =x

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #7 of 14
I got it for free, and it is boring as heck.

Only when you start it up for the first time is it cool, but then the road never feels fast enough, and it eventually turns into a mindless shaking-mouse fest of colors.

Free or not, I deleted it off my computer ASAP and went back to playing CS:S and TF2.
cool.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got it for free, and it is boring as heck.

Only when you start it up for the first time is it cool, but then the road never feels fast enough, and it eventually turns into a mindless shaking-mouse fest of colors.

Free or not, I deleted it off my computer ASAP and went back to playing CS:S and TF2.
cool.gif

Gotta find the right songs to make it go fast and there are modes that make it pretty hard to beat (ie Ninja Mono in Ironmode)

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 14
I just downloaded it. It is incredible. We should all list really good tracks.

65daysofstatic - Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here is the best song I have found so far.

Feb 26, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #12 of 14
I bought the game and like it quite a lot. I much more regret buying CS:S when it first came out with my $50 gift card. Haven't even considered playing source til recently. Orange box such a good deal =/.

The way audiosurf ties into the music is kind of weird, and not the most apparent. I'd assume it's hard to program something to form to any music you throw at it, as opposed to the songs found in guitar hero, which seemed to have been designed seperately.

Audiosurf's kinda boring until you put in a fast paced song. With a downhill slope and higher number for congestion. I'd say 230+ is when it starts to get fun.

For $10, or just trying the demo, I think it's worth it. I wouldn't be willing to pay much more than that for audiosurf though.

Mar 4, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #14 of 14
They need to fix the cheating problems for the score boards though...its stupid how you can just change the tag of a song to get a higher score
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back