Audiospace Mini-2004 headphone & speaker Tube amp
Aug 17, 2010 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MichealAngelo

Head-Fier
Hi everyone I had a chance to listen to this amp a few days ago at an audio meet. The amp has a speaker and headphone output. I listened to the headphone output with my HD600's and I was really just stunned at how good the headphone output sounded, I havn't heard many tube amps, I mainly have experience with my little dot mk III which sounds great  with my hd600's but the audiospace was big step above mainly in soundstage and detail it made my mk III sound veiled in comparison. The speaker output is also pretty fantastic it was better than a Jolida speaker amp I heard there. I was pretty surprised as I have never heard of audiospace amps before and I also didn't think a combo could sound this good. Does anyone have expereince with any other combo speaker headphone tube combos like this that have great sounding speaker and headphone outputs?

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 7
12 W per channel is pretty good for a little tube amp.  To fill the room with adequate sound, you'll probably need speakers with > 95 db SPL.  Many Klipsch speakers do this, but they may not be to your taste.  I have read that it's common for people to drive Klipsch speakers with little tube amps because the tubes tame some of the horn brightness.

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Hi everyone I had a chance to listen to this amp a few days ago at an audio meet. The amp has a speaker and headphone output. I listened to the headphone output with my HD600's and I was really just stunned at how good the headphone output sounded, I havn't heard many tube amps, I mainly have experience with my little dot mk III which sounds great  with my hd600's but the audiospace was big step above mainly in soundstage and detail it made my mk III sound veiled in comparison. The speaker output is also pretty fantastic it was better than a Jolida speaker amp I heard there. I was pretty surprised as I have never heard of audiospace amps before and I also didn't think a combo could sound this good. Does anyone have expereince with any other combo speaker headphone tube combos like this that have great sounding speaker and headphone outputs?

Audiospace is a Chinese amp that I have seen being sold on Audiogon through Underwood Hi Fi and Walter has and will tell you the best speakers to pair with it. The Triangle speaker line comes to mind as high efficient speakers and if you go to audio asylum there is a forum specifically for hi efficiency speakers. I have heard the Cary SL1 has a great head amp but have never heard it personally. Decware also has high efficieny speakers as Steve makes many SET amps.

Aug 22, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 7
Yeah 12 watts would be more than enough for a small to medium size living room maybe even a large living room unless your driving those really big or inefficient speakers, I dont think you would need super efficient horn speakers. I use to own a 7 watt Antique Sound labs tube amp that drove my vintage 3-way JBL control speakers (which were like 88-89 db)  In my living room and I almost never turned the volume more than 3/4 or it would be to loud. 

Aug 22, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Yeah 12 watts would be more than enough for a small to medium size living room maybe even a large living room unless your driving those really big or inefficient speakers, I dont think you would need super efficient horn speakers. I use to own a 7 watt Antique Sound labs tube amp that drove my vintage 3-way JBL control speakers (which were like 88-89 db)  In my living room and I almost never turned the volume more than 3/4 or it would be to loud. 

Another speaker I owned and sounded great with low powered tube amps was the Soliquoy 5.0 monitors. I gave them to my brother in law but for 800.00 cant go wrong.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 7
I was able to pick one up used and retubed it because of breakage in shipment. After have owned it for a year, it has turned out to be a real gem and ended up replacing my Leben. My first exposure to the 6V6 and am impressed in this configuration. Love the 6V6 (reissue Tungsols cryoed) sound. No problem driving my 93 dB 6ohm speaks (Reimer Teton GS) to LOUD in my large room or my beyer DT990 250's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back