AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #4,247 of 5,890
I’ve been looking for a very detailed all-BA IEM for some time now. Has anyone compared the T800 to other such stalwarts? Perhaps the Fearless S8, Moondrop S8, Voyager 14, or even the Anole VX? For a while, I was planning on getting the S8Z, but I like the FR graph of the T800 a LOT more.
[/QUOTE]
I have t800 and 846....standar 846 blue filter vs t800 white filter.....846 win in clarity...t800 win in bass dan fuller sound......846 with cable rolling, tips rolling and mod black filter.....for my taste in term of sq ( detil, ss, clarity, imaging)are above t800....so i stick with 846

Jul 15, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #4,248 of 5,890
Anyway folks, recieved some info from the Aliexpress rep. More specs, graph and info on the upcoming Audiosense AQ7 here. Sorry they appear a bit small but u can double click and view it in enlarged view.

Hc63eec20b5d94472a12bdf53ba63fa92m.jpg

Hmm the vent filter hole thing is probably part of the tuning design, but not sure if it will let wind noise in and affect isolation? I had a set with a large vent (BLON Cardinal), and whenever wind blew parallel to it, the music would be swallowed by a whirlpool of whirling wind, otherwise when wind blew perpendicular to it, it was ok for isolation.

AQ7 looks V shaped and may be quite bassy from graphs. Not sure if upper mids will be hot. Good to see the stuff incorporated inside is of quite high quality eg Knowles BAs, resin shell etc.

The titanium DD thing may be interesting. The previous titanium DD sets I've tried had very fast bass speed and accuracy and extension, though they suffered a bit in the timbre department.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #4,250 of 5,890
Anyway folks, recieved some info from the Aliexpress rep. More specs, graph and info on the upcoming Audiosense AQ7 here. Sorry they appear a bit small but u can double click and view it in enlarged view.

Hmm the vent filter hole thing is probably part of the tuning design, but not sure if it will let wind noise in and affect isolation? I had a set with a large vent (BLON Cardinal), and whenever wind blew parallel to it, the music would be swallowed by a whirlpool of whirling wind, otherwise when wind blew perpendicular to it, it was ok for isolation.

AQ7 looks V shaped and may be quite bassy from graphs. Not sure if upper mids will be hot. Good to see the stuff incorporated inside is of quite high quality eg Knowles BAs, resin shell etc.

The titanium DD thing may be interesting. The previous titanium DD sets I've tried had very fast bass speed and accuracy and extension, though they suffered a bit in the timbre department.

I know that the devil is in the detail but it's all looking a bit samey to me - Audiosense is just being late to the multi-driver, V-shape signature party. Maybe it is done extremely well, but I can't see their USP.

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #4,251 of 5,890

Letting in air is to make it sound more...airy :joy:

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #4,252 of 5,890
I know that the devil is in the detail but it's all looking a bit samey to me - Audiosense is just being late to the multi-driver, V-shape signature party. Maybe it is done extremely well, but I can't see their USP.

Yet Audiosense is one of those company's which makes me feel excited when they have a new release, i can't say the same for other company's. (And many other company's get their Multi-drive V-shape signature "wrong" for example ThieAudio Legacy 9. I'd rather have Audiosense being late, but having it done properly, unlike so many other company's)
I might sound like a fanboy, however i've just been very very impressed by Audiosense thus far. Amazing quality. Consistent tuning. Listening to customer's feedback. Top notch customer service. Also have you owned or tried the T800 yourself? I don't think you can judge Audiosense if you haven't heard the T800 yourself. (What they are capable of as a company)

Just my opinion!

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #4,253 of 5,890
Yet Audiosense is one of those company's which makes me feel excited when they have a new release, i can't say the same for other company's. (And many other company's get their Multi-drive V-shape signature "wrong" for example ThieAudio Legacy 9. I'd rather have Audiosense being late, but having it done properly, unlike so many other company's)
I might sound like a fanboy, however i've just been very very impressed by Audiosense thus far. Amazing quality. Consistent tuning. Listening to customer's feedback. Top notch customer service. Also have you owned or tried the T800 yourself? I don't think you can judge Audiosense if you haven't heard the T800 yourself. (What they are capable of as a company)

Just my opinion!

Cool. I guess I wanted my comment to sound a lot more moderate than it did! It all just sounds a bit samey to me, another thing comes out, it's a V-shaped, 1DD and XBAs. Maybe I would be more excited if I heard any Audiosense offering, which I haven't, admittedly. I will see how it reviews and graphs when Crinacle get his hands on this and then maybe put it on my shopping list.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #4,254 of 5,890
Cool. I guess I wanted my comment to sound a lot more moderate than it did! It all just sounds a bit samey to me, another thing comes out, it's a V-shaped, 1DD and XBAs. Maybe I would be more excited if I heard any Audiosense offering, which I haven't, admittedly. I will see how it reviews and graphs when Crinacle get his hands on this and then maybe put it on my shopping list.
No worries. It sounded moderate to me, and didn’t sound like a knock on Audiosense specifically at all, but I don’t own any yet, and am not currently a die hard fan. I think its just the current climate of ChiFi, with so many new offerings, its very difficult to separate oneself from the pack, at least based on specs alone. A great price and/or reviews are necessary. On paper, the Penon Orb, Mangird Tea, Legacy 3, Blessing 2, IT00 all seem “samey”. I think the main reason the FD1 caught on so quickly is because people were hoping it would replace the UF YBF, and when it didn’t, it created another stir. Its quality, however, is what’s sustaining it.

Time will tell regarding the AQ7, and if I had a spare $400, I’d probably take a chance on it, just based on reputations of the members here who are Audiosense fans.

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #4,255 of 5,890

Just my opinion!

Also looking forward to AQ7 a lot. I'm not one to get excited by chifi releases typically because a lot of them do sound really similar. But Audiosense is different for me. I wan't even a huge fan of the T800, but I saw it's potential. DT200 was a very well-tuned iem, but 2 BAs didn't cut it or me. Which is why I'm excited to see what they can do when not trying to create a budget set.

Jul 15, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #4,256 of 5,890
Also looking forward to AQ7 a lot. I'm not one to get excited by chifi releases typically because a lot of them do sound really similar. But Audiosense is different for me. I wan't even a huge fan of the T800, but I saw it's potential. DT200 was a very well-tuned iem, but 2 BAs didn't cut it or me. Which is why I'm excited to see what they can do when not trying to create a budget set.
100% agree

Jul 16, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #4,257 of 5,890

Thanks for posting. Have been following the AQ7 news. Vented bass BA is interesting especially with it being a hybrid with a 10mm dynamic. Wonder how where the cross over is?

I also wonder about isolation but the marketing suggests 30db. Does the BLON have a similarly vented Knowles BA?

I thought my T800 was a bit harsh when I first got it. Switched to the copper cable and some symbio foam tips and the bass is really good. No need to EQ at all. Was surprised. Pretty happy with it. Also figured out I could change angle of tips on nozzle to get the IEM to sit in my ear better.

I may pull the trigger on the AQ7. Been looking at Empire Ears with W9 drivers. I feel like a cheaper hybrid like the AQ7 could be fairly good for the money instead.

Jul 16, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #4,258 of 5,890

Just my opinion!

Agree with every word!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back