AudioQuest Perch Headphone Stand Available Now
Mar 3, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #16 of 36
  Love that you also used the Z1R, that is the headphone I would be using with this stand. Ideally there would be a little padding over the metal bars, but that isn't a deal breaker at all. Cheers.

Yeah, it fits the Z1R well. The hanger part of the stand is plenty enough forward so that it's actually difficult to hit the 2 metal posts with headphones. You'd have to really throw your headphones on there, so I wouldn't worry about that. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #17 of 36
Does anyone make dust covers that can be used to protect cans on a stand like this?

pat----

I had custom ones made for 3 headphone stands, my turntable and 4 speakers for around $30-40 total IIRC out of a really nice velvet type material. PM me if you want more details and I'll dig through my eBay history for the sellers name and how much he charge for the custom work.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #18 of 36
The Audioquest shop linked in the first post above is no longer. That was quick, only worked like a week??

Fortunately this stand is  available on Amazon (via AudioQuest retailers): 

http://amzn.to/2nmQerG

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #19 of 36
  The Audioquest shop linked in the first post above is no longer.

Fortunately this stand is  available on Amazon (via AudioQuest retailers): 

http://amzn.to/2nmQerG

I wish there was somewhere to put the wires.

This is why I like the Oppo stand. Nice and neat when finished.

My Ether Flow and AQ Hawk on Oppo stand:

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #20 of 36

I wish there was somewhere to put the wires.

This is why I like the Oppo stand. Nice and neat when finished.

My Ether Flow and AQ Hawk on Oppo stand:

I don't like that. It just stresses out the cables more over time. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 36

I don't like that. It just stresses out the cables more over time. 

Not if you wind with care. My AQ Hawk cable is over a year and it has no signs of stress.

My Ether Flow has a bit of stress at the amp connector end. However on the stand that sits straight so it is nothing to do with the stand.

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #25 of 36
I received mine yesterday.  Solid build, quality material but I'm not a happy camper.  Here's the problem.

“Designed to allow headphone to rest naturally with weight evenly distributed across headpad.”

The idea is right but something went wrong with the realization.  My HD 800S doesn't rest naturally with its weight evenly distributed across headpad.  The curve of the headpad is so different than of the headphone so there's a gap between them.  Instead of other headphone stands' one-point support, this one has a two-point support as the HD 800S is only touching the two sides of the headpad (similarly to the Sony in the product video).  AudioQuest even says at 2:46 in the video that “the angle is not 100% accurate”.  Well, you're right.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #26 of 36
That's not Audioquest who made the video, it's me. The angle shouldn't be any wider otherwise it will spread the headphone headband out, not what you want. Nor should it be narrower or just one point of contact. I think the angle is fine.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #27 of 36
That's not Audioquest who made the video, it's me.

My bad.

The angle shouldn't be any wider otherwise it will spread the headphone headband out, not what you want. Nor should it be narrower or just one point of contact.

You got me wrong, I don't want the angle wider or narrower.  It's not the width of the headpad I have the problem with.  The curve/arch is wrong, that is why my headphone cannot rest naturally on it.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #28 of 36

You got me wrong, I don't want the angle wider or narrower.  It's not the width of the headpad I have the problem with.  The curve/arch is wrong, that is why my headphone cannot rest naturally on it.

No headphone stand is going to be able to fit every headphone exactly perfectly such that it fills out the headband totally. Even the Woo headphone stand (which has some sharp edges on the bottom, unlike The Perch) has the same issue you are referring to with Sennheisers (left one): 

This is no way means the stand is not supporting the headphone well. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #29 of 36
  No headphone stand is going to be able to fit every headphone exactly perfectly.

Of course not, you're stating the obvious.
smile.gif
  All I was saying that it doesn't fit the HD 800S.  Neither does the Sony in your video.

“Designed to allow headphone to rest naturally with weight evenly distributed across headpad.”  — AudioQuest promised but didn't deliver.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #30 of 36

Of course not, you're stating the obvious.
smile.gif
  All I was saying that it doesn't fit the HD 800S.  Neither does the Sony in your video.

“Designed to allow headphone to rest naturally with weight evenly distributed across headpad.”  — AudioQuest promised but didn't deliver.

That is indeed an even weight distribution though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back