Audiophilleo 2, IFI IUSB, Audiobyte Hydra-X impressions
Apr 18, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #46 of 49
April Music Stello U3 goes for $400 new and about $300 used in great condition. You might actually prefer the sound of it over the Concero (which I have not heard myself). There is also the Anedio U2 for $300 new.

http://www.moon-audio.com/april-music-stello-u3-ddc.html
http://www.anedio.com/index.php/product/u2_overview

Excuse me, but if you didn't hear the concero, why it should sound worst than the u3?
I read some reviews and its sound quality is compared to the audiophilleo...

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #47 of 49
Excuse me, but if you didn't hear the concero, why it should sound worst than the u3?
I read some reviews and its sound quality is compared to the audiophilleo...

Did I say that? No.

I have also heard good things about the Concero. Whether one thinks it sounds better or worse is entirely subjective. All of these interfaces are competitive with each other, it's just a matter a of taste. Sorry that you misunderstood me.

If I remember correctly, there is a 6moons review where Srajan compares the sound all three. He prefers the Audiophilleo over the Stello U3. I definitely disagree.

Have you heard the Stello U3 yourself? Or did you just assume it must sound "worst" b/c of the lower price?

Anyways, what it sounded like you were asking for was a cheaper alternative than the Concero. The U3 is cheaper and certainly gets my approval. I make no guarantee that you would like it better, but I would also be surprised if you did not find it acceptable. Like I said, all of these converters are competitive. The differences can be subtle, but they are definitely there.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #48 of 49
Yes, sorry. You're right
You know: when you (I) arrive at a quality level then it's very difficult 'downgrade'
Anyway I thought yo keep the concero as the transporter to the Burson and use it pure dac in my main analog setup, cause it's very little and portable and cool
Thanks
Daniele

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #49 of 49
Yes, sorry. You're right
You know: when you (I) arrive at a quality level then it's very difficult 'downgrade'
Anyway I thought yo keep the concero as the transporter to the Burson and use it pure dac in my main analog setup, cause it's very little and portable and cool
Thanks
Daniele

Yup, I totally agree with that. I personally don't think it's worth selling or worth changing to the Audiophilleo either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back