Audiophiles in Dubai?
May 8, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #1,441 of 1,748
Hi All,

Echoing what Koolpep has mentioned about Adam Rhodes and https://www.arcears.com/, I am in touch with him to get the JH13v2 Pro's and the service is so far is SUPERB and PROFESSIONAL! He detailed the process and pricing very well which I could not ask for more.

I will post my impressions here once I got the CIEM.

Thanks!

May 8, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #1,442 of 1,748
Hi All,

Echoing what Koolpep has mentioned about Adam Rhodes and https://www.arcears.com/, I am in touch with him to get the JH13v2 Pro's and the service is so far is SUPERB and PROFESSIONAL! He detailed the process and pricing very well which I could not ask for more.

Thanks!

Nice!!!

You are in for a treat. To my ears the 13v2 is the best performer for money ratio in the JH line up. And personally I liked them better than the Layla - maybe Layla are technically superior but to my ears the 13v2 were more toe tapping inducing.

Am still on the fence of getting them one day as well.

My UE11Pro by the way are amazing too. Love their sound signature and quality. Only 4 drivers per side but boy do they drive haha.

Anyhow. Please share how you like the JH13v2!!

Cheers!

Jun 27, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #1,443 of 1,748
Let's Meetup This coming Friday 29-06-18, 1300 @ Starbuck's Al-Wahda Mall, Abu Dhabi...

Attachments

• anniv meet 2018.png
    anniv meet 2018.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 27, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,445 of 1,748
Hi All,

Thanks!

I'm planning on getting these too, I have received the demo units from adem and love them so far. How was your build time and overall experience? And did you notice any difference between the demos and the final unit? UE11 vs JH13 it's hard pick man, but I like the JH's bass adjustment feature so leaning towards them.

Oh and another +1 to Adem, his service has been phenomenal!

Jun 28, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #1,446 of 1,748
I'm planning on getting these too, I have received the demo units from adem and love them so far. How was your build time and overall experience? And did you notice any difference between the demos and the final unit? UE11 vs JH13 it's hard pick man, but I like the JH's bass adjustment feature so leaning towards them.

Oh and another +1 to Adem, his service has been phenomenal!

What's up man? The build time was quicker than my usual CIEMS, mine took about 20 days (including the meet-up). Overall experience with Adam is beyond greatness, he knows what to do and how to do it. Just sit back and relax.

I actually purchased the Angie over the JH13v2's for the reason of Sound and Price. I will post my review of the Angie soon but Angie's selling point is the INCREDIBLE resolution and clarity. Neutrality and vocal presentation comes second but not inferior to other traits. On the other hand, I was not able to audition UE demo's since I really love the JH lineup.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #1,447 of 1,748
What's up man? The build time was quicker than my usual CIEMS, mine took about 20 days (including the meet-up). Overall experience with Adam is beyond greatness, he knows what to do and how to do it. Just sit back and relax.

I actually purchased the Angie over the JH13v2's for the reason of Sound and Price. I will post my review of the Angie soon but Angie's selling point is the INCREDIBLE resolution and clarity. Neutrality and vocal presentation comes second but not inferior to other traits. On the other hand, I was not able to audition UE demo's since I really love the JH lineup.

I almost opted for Angie then I read that it’s bit harsh. 20 days is not bad at all huh.

And guys noble might be coming to Dubai soon!

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,448 of 1,748
I almost opted for Angie then I read that it’s bit harsh. 20 days is not bad at all huh.

I’m sorry bro but I didn’t hear nor experience any harshness with the Custom Version of Angie. I believe it is better to check the demo than base your opinions on what others have said. It is highly possible that they are using the universals with different tips that suited them.

Jul 1, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #1,450 of 1,748
Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,453 of 1,748
20180712_203152.jpg
20180715_210208.jpg

btw Selling my McIntosh MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier, i got it for 23,000 AED. i upgraded the tubes with new Tubes, Mullard Tubes, since stock tubes are , not the best if you are into tube amps IMO.

rn i own Hifiman Susvara and Xu Audio Fomula S, really nice high end combo. thing is with me done testing the best magnatic planer headphone, and dynamic one (Focal Utopia) with even this amp too. i feel like i still want to test new things xD

so i decided to go with Electrostatics Headphones routes. i mean 6 years and i tested every brand for Dynamic, Planners or even BA/CIEMs headphones.

the problem is, all my gear won't fit Electrostatics Headphones, so i need to revamp my whole setup. i will start with selling my tube amp.

if you will pick it up, i don't mind throwing 10,000 AED Discord. btw the Unit is fairly less than a month and a half old.

if you been following me here a lot, i am known to buy new gear, test them, sell, and repeat. my hobby went from enjoying music, to just feeding my curiosity with new setups.

thats why for the past years i been selling new super rigs for a steal price :D

if you are interested, feel free to contact me.

if you want to buy Formula S and Suvara later on, feel free to reserve it. since i don't have space in the apartment for all these stuff xD

PM me for info.

P.S: after DAVE + Utopia, i went on a break till Head-fi bring new toys. now time to test best stuff in 2018. these new combos are amazing tbh.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,455 of 1,748
sup bro! long time no see, dw already decided to go with certain amp + 009 hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back