Audiophiles in Dubai?
May 2, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #1,246 of 1,748
Great, thanks Koolpep.
So it's up up to you there's still awhile till August. You can wait and test the he350s, since they will be easy to flip if you don't enjoy them. Or pickup somthing else untill then. And sell which ever you like less.

Best of luck.
The c5s seem interesting never heard of them before but they seem like a great portable amp, thanks for sharing.

I will bring it to the next meet then - it's a very nice, powerful and musical sounding amp - with a lovely large soundstage.

Cheers

May 2, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #1,248 of 1,748

Absolutely - the Cayin C5 can easily drive the DT990 - all versions. My C5 has no problems with my HD650 (and that is a very nice pairing) and my T90 - so it should be more than fine.

The HE-350 is of course an unknown factor :wink: but for $99 I am sure you can easily sell it for the same price after trying it....

Perfect, I read that the DT990 has a nice big sound stage pair it with this I'm aiming for wonders. since you own the amp what do you think the best combo is? DT990 , HD650 , HE350, HE400s 
I cant say for sure but a review of the cayin c5 said they can power some very power hungry cans.

We haven't heard the he350s yet, but you can listen to the dt990s here in dubai to test how they sound. Just take your C5 and you can see if it has enough power to drive them and if you like the sound siq.

If not go with another pair or wait for he350s.

Good listening.

well it was recommended by this 
badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png
 koolpep, its an amazing amp. I was trying to part with it few times, but everytime I plug it in, Im having second thoughts. Only thing I would change in it is the design. BTW where can I check the bayer in dubai?

May 2, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #1,249 of 1,748

Perfect, I read that the DT990 has a nice big sound stage pair it with this I'm aiming for wonders. since you own the amp what do you think the best combo is? DT990 , HD650 , HE350, HE400s 

koolpep, its an amazing amp. I was trying to part with it few times, but everytime I plug it in, Im having second thoughts. Only thing I would change in it is the design. BTW where can I check the bayer in dubai?

if you like check used one. Try if you like buy otherwise leave it :) Better price/value

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/classified/electronics/electronic-accessories/headphones/2016/4/24/beyerdynamic-dt990-pro-headphones-for-sale-2/

May 2, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,250 of 1,748

I will look into the cayin products they seem cool. You can head to AVL Electronics showroom, they have all the beyer the products there.
Good listening.

May 2, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #1,251 of 1,748

Wait a minute is it yours? Cz this is the one I've been talking about. I asked to meet him (or is it you :D ) waiting for his reply.

I will look into the cayin products they seem cool. You can head to AVL Electronics showroom, they have all the beyer the products there.
Good listening.

Aha is it, Ill try them wednesday if possible. 

May 3, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #1,253 of 1,748
Guys anyone of you have a HE400s? or tried one? I figured 

Open back 
Planar
Easy to drive (Can connect to PS4 and play games) 
And the price point 

this will be a good buy, yeah? saw some people change the pads and say that makes a huge difference, any experience?  

May 3, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,254 of 1,748
  Guys anyone of you have a HE400s? or tried one? I figured 

Open back 
Planar
Easy to drive (Can connect to PS4 and play games) 
And the price point 

this will be a good buy, yeah? saw some people change the pads and say that makes a huge difference, any experience?  

hi

Why you want only Planar headphone ? you want to connect directly to dual shock 4 ? or using with amp ?

May 3, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #1,255 of 1,748
For gaming I use a headphone with a large soundstage and good positioning. 

Best so far:

K7XX
T90
T1

For FPS games - I must say, I never scored as good as the few weeks I had @punit T1s at home, haha. Ultra precise and wide soundstage. 

Cheers!

May 3, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #1,256 of 1,748
  hi

Why you want only Planar headphone ? you want to connect directly to dual shock 4 ? or using with amp ?

at the first meetup we had I tried some open back headphones, love the sound stage and the ambient noise, almost felt like Im in a room with good set of speakers. And after the meetup i was mostly out of dubai and got a chance to spend some time with my cousin's HD650. All in all I really love how open back headphones sound, so at the price point I figured why not try planar too. 

And yeah I want to plug them directly to Dualshock 4, I have an amp but I would prefer a direct cable, shooting others and getting shot at brings out too many emotions :D 

For gaming I use a headphone with a large soundstage and good positioning. 

Best so far:

K7XX
T90
T1

For FPS games - I must say, I never scored as good as the few weeks I had @punit T1s at home, haha. Ultra precise and wide soundstage. 

Cheers!

Oh no please dont do this, my poor wallet :D 

again, whats your take? C5 paired with HE400s will be a good combo? innerfidelity dethroned HD650 for them :xf_eek: 

May 3, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,257 of 1,748

at the first meetup we had I tried some open back headphones, love the sound stage and the ambient noise, almost felt like Im in a room with good set of speakers. And after the meetup i was mostly out of dubai and got a chance to spend some time with my cousin's HD650. All in all I really love how open back headphones sound, so at the price point I figured why not try planar too. 

And yeah I want to plug them directly to Dualshock 4, I have an amp but I would prefer a direct cable, shooting others and getting shot at brings out too many emotions :D 

Oh no please dont do this, my poor wallet :D 

again, whats your take? C5 paired with HE400s will be a good combo? innerfidelity dethroned HD650 for them :xf_eek: 

The HE-400S are really nice - though I must admit I love my HD650 too much. C5 has no problems driving them plenty - I am at Samma3a office later and I think they have demo HE-400S available, since I have my C5 with me I will give it a spin.

Cheers!

May 3, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,258 of 1,748

For gaming? This guy reviewed the HD800 for gaming. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,259 of 1,748

For gaming? This guy reviewed the HD800 for gaming. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, it works like a charm for gaming but I excluded the "above $1,000" category, LOOL

May 3, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #1,260 of 1,748

Well, it works like a charm for gaming but I excluded the "above $1,000" category, LOOL

Lucky me, I got mine for a little less than a grand! Thanks to Black Friday deals. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back