Audiophiles in Dubai?
Mar 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #661 of 1,754
Gah!
  I bought Viva Egoistaas tube amp + Hugo dac with my hd 800, beyer T1 I can't describe the sound it's not the same headphones : rich ,full sound , very huge soundstage, crazy vocals it like real.
I'm about to sell both hd 800 and T1 and keep 009 and lcd 3 but now no way , I'm very happy .
but with hugo dac you will prefer philips X1 : very good bass,detail, big soundstage but not like T1 and hd 800 but still big .

Gah! Is there a local dealer for the beyerdynamic T1 D:?

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #665 of 1,754
selling for CIEM Mentor (1500$) for a cheap price, again Shini and his epic deals >=) 

hurry up if you wana buy it , cause my items don't last for too long XD

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #666 of 1,754
Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get a listen of a Cavalli LAu around these parts. I'm looking at buying an amp and I'm left with the macintosh mha100 which I believe dubai audio stock, but cannot find anywhere that I can listen the Cavalli... Any help would be appreciated!
Gav

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #668 of 1,754
  high price for old an CIEM , better to order new one.

hmm i am not selling it for 1500$ , lol thats the price for a new one, i am selling it for 650$ which is super good value for a TOTOL CIEM :p 

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #671 of 1,754
Dubai Audiophile Meetup!

Gentlemen:

I have found a room I can rent free-of-charge it's the party-room in my building - duh!! It's a nice spacious room with sunlight and the location is pretty much easy to reach for everyone (Golf Towers, The Greens, Dubai - you can find them on google maps).

Now, most important: the DATE!!

Since some of us are working on Saturdays, I recommend we meet on Friday if that is ok with everyone?

Please let me know in this thread or via PM your preference between he two dates:

Timing: 3pm - 6pm?
Food can be ordered in if needed and I will provide water and soft drinks and as many power sockets as I can (but please bring your own as well)

Friday, 1st of May 2015
OR
Friday 8th of May 2015

So far I have heard interest in this meet from @lukeap69 @UnnownPlan @punit @Adamora @Feel-Like-Ninja @Jozurr @obesecatfish @agooh maybe others want to join too? @Mazen4samma3a ,  @noblemff , @soundpurist , @Raziel666 , @zniper2984 , @Shini44 , @journey2nirvana , @Zen1th ?

Looking forward to see as many as possible of you then!!

So please copy paste this text here and edit your answer in:

----

I prefer the 1st / 8th of May

I am interested in listening to: 

I will bring this equipment: 

----
snip

So I start:

I prefer the 1st / 8th of May

I am interested in listening to: Any amp that can drive the LCD2 properly, Schiit Ragnarok, Lyr2, HE-6, LCD-X, PM-3

I will bring this equipment: CEntrance DAC Mini CX, Bottlehead Crack with Speedball, Schiit Modi2Uber, X5&C5, DX50&C5D, AK100 & Gloveaudio A1, JVC HA-FX850, UE900s, KZ EDSE, HD650, LCD-2, Denon AH-D600, HE-400

Cheers,
K

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #672 of 1,754
IMHO 3 - 6 pm is not enough, has to be atleast for 6 hours so that everyone can try almost everything. I propose 10 am to 5 pm & we can order Pizza for lunch. 

I prefer the  8th of May

I am interested in listening to: almost everything that I do not own :) 

I will bring this equipment: will get almost all the HP's & amps in my profile except Master 9 (it is an pain to unplug & plug  it from my rack, takes atleast 40 mins, but if atleast 5 people are interested in listening to it I will get it).

Edit - A few more thoughts....

1. We will need confirmed attendance from atleast 10 members to make it viable
  2. Once we get the confirmations, we should form a committe of 4-5 members to manage the meet. This committe should meet by atleast by 17th April to draw out the budget & plan & organise various things for the meet.

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #673 of 1,754
Anyone interested in me bringing Westone/Grado/OPPO/FiiO/HiFiMAN gear to audition? Please do tell if so, I can have it arranged.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #675 of 1,754
  IMHO 3 - 6 pm is not enough, has to be atleast for 6 hours so that everyone can try almost everything. I propose 10 am to 5 pm & we can order Pizza for lunch. 

I prefer the  8th of May

I am interested in listening to: almost everything that I do not own :) 

I will bring this equipment: will get almost all the HP's & amps in my profile except Master 9 (it is an pain to unplug & plug  it from my rack, takes atleast 40 mins, but if atleast 5 people are interested in listening to it I will get it).

Edit - A few more thoughts....

1. We will need confirmed attendance from atleast 10 members to make it viable
  2. Once we get the confirmations, we should form a committe of 4-5 members to manage the meet. This committe should meet by atleast by 17th April to draw out the budget & plan & organise various things for the meet.

Awesome @punit!!

Many thanks for coming, you and your amp/headphone collection would otherwise be missed dearly :wink:

We can have the room for long, no problem. Agree that the more people we are the more time we will need. So I assume everyone is fine with extending the timing, so let's just do it.

For muslims that don't want to miss the friday prayer, a mosque is only a 3 minute walk away!
Pizza order: this pizzeria is as well only a 3-4 minute walk away and they deliver, they make awesome Pizza http://www.pitfiredubai.ae

The room can only be confirmed 100% 10 days before the event. Longer advance booking is for some weird reason not possible.
Please let me know who would want to be in the committee? You can also whatsapp me under 055-9546724.

Cheers,
Ralf (aka Koolpep) makes it easier if I use my real name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back