Audiophiles in Dubai?
Nov 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #287 of 1,748
  I've gotten the chance to listen to both the HD-800's and the LCD-3's, and I'm honestly torn between the two, they both blew me away. I'm currently just browsing the classifieds section looking for a good deal on either, and will jump at the first one I see. 

How are you liking the TH900's? I've heard great things about them but the fact that they're closed back drives me away to be honest.

Almost everyone claims that they are the best close back dynamic headphones out there, so I guess that says something. Personally I really like them for their warmth and the fact that I don't have a nice quiet room all the time to listen to them in. Remember that open-backed cans also let IN ambient sounds more so than closed cans :)

But staging will never be as open as open-backed cans. The LCD-3s are really good, less clinical than the HD800s. That said, I'm told there are some mods one could do to the HD800 to make it more listenable. The LCD-3s, in my opinion, really could do with better cables, having heard them with stock vs EA cables.

We should meet up one day and have a listen to each others' setups :)

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #292 of 1,748
  that's why I'm planning to get a HD650 instead of the HD800. :wink:

you have the Fostex th900 already, that would be a down grade going to hd650 imho, i would rather get the HD800 to have another house sound in your stable.

that would be a great trifecta th900, LCD 3 and HD800 all sound diff. and TOTL

i am hesitant to get a hd800 now as i do not have the right amp for them yet but soon or might just get a bottle head crack for starters but this will take time maybe in the next 6 months lol my wife is angry with all the spending on audio gear.

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #293 of 1,748

This is what i need to try Auralic Taurus - been reading alot of the TOTL end game AMP.

I saw you have a Soloist
with LCD X and 3F, I actually prefered my Conductor over the Taurus, that yes is very correct and powerful and open the Audeze very much, but the Burson has more slam in the bass and in treble
i mean: the Taurus makes sound the Audeze very correctly and linear and more neutral, but I prefer to listen a bit less correctly but with more fun

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #294 of 1,748
you have the Fostex th900 already, that would be a down grade going to hd650 imho, i would rather get the HD800 to have another house sound in your stable.

that would be a great trifecta th900, LCD 3 and HD800 all sound diff. and TOTL

i am hesitant to get a hd800 now as i do not have the right amp for them yet but soon or might just get a bottle head crack for starters but this will take time maybe in the next 6 months lol my wife is angry with all the spending on audio gear.
Oh, I know it's a downgrade. It's to replace that ****ty pair of Detox I have in the office lol

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #299 of 1,748
TH900 vs Ultrasone Audition 8

I'll correct myself. When I said nothing is as accurate as the M40X, I meant in it's price bracket. And the TH900 costs 15 times as much as the M40X.

As you'll see, the TH900 gets pretty damn close..near impossible to tell a difference between the source track and the output from the cans. I'd say in terms of accuracy it would be a damn close battle between the TH900 and the M40X

Remember, I'm only referring to the accuracy of audio reproduction, not the final sound...which can have a huge impact on how enjoyable a set of cans are

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #300 of 1,748
I can read some review to have an idea and enjoy and spend some time, but i  believe only to my ears now
anyway I m pretty sure to find for you an hp in m40 price range that is more accurate..but what do you mean when you say accurate??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back