Audiophiles in Dubai?
Aug 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #166 of 1,754
lol about the hygiene part ! I got some Comply tips lying around here somewhere, will certainly use those if ever haha.

Anyway I do plan on buying an HD 650 or an HE 500 still choosing for my transportable rig and to experience their sound signature. I have read a lot of good things with both cans.

Will visit sound design one of these days to try the HD650 and decide from there.

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #168 of 1,754
The Theorem 720 is an amazing portable DAC and amp. I won't mind getting another to permanently pair up with my Lyr2. :grin:

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #169 of 1,754
Don't have the 720 but I do have the CLAS -db and CL duet which is my main rig on the go.

I am very impressed with that setup dark back ground, the highs crisp, mids lush and lows are punchy controlled.

The dac is amazing for its size and in my opinion its the best portable dac i have tried vs the odac, c5d and AD dragonfly. Yeah been trying entry stuff 1st to learn the signature and appreciate gear.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #170 of 1,754
Your description of the CLAS is like describing the Theorem 720 as well. That dark background must be a signature of CL.

I have just ordered Oppo PM-2. My next target would be a desktop DAC, Yulong DA8 or Oppo HA-1 are currently on top of my list. For the mean time, I will enjoy thr Theorem-Lyr 2 combo. Good stuff.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #171 of 1,754

It's a good idea but unfortunately not practical! Apart from anything else from a hygiene point of view passing (particularly in ear) headphones from person to person could get a bit messy! Like any major hi-fi purchase you need to try before you buy (as much as is possible) that's why we have demo pieces for you to listen to at Dubai Audio Centre. If you want to hear what you are missing head down there with a stash of your own digital music source or CD's and they'll give you an extended demo in store (you might want to try and call in advance).

Oh man, you do? I've been wanting to demo the HD650 for quite some time as well. I might just go and try them out.

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #172 of 1,754
Hey guys, just a heads up, Virgin Megastore now sells FiiO products, Grado products, and some audiophile-grade IEMS. (Not sure which brand/s though) 

Went by the one at Deira City Centre today and they had a banner saying they now sell these products. :D 

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #173 of 1,754
  Hey guys, just a heads up, Virgin Megastore now sells FiiO products, Grado products, and some audiophile-grade IEMS. (Not sure which brand/s though) 

Went by the one at Deira City Centre today and they had a banner saying they now sell these products. :D 

Grado in Dubai!!!
Wow!!
Thanks for the heads up!!

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #175 of 1,754
Yeah, It's pretty exciting! 

Been dying to try out some grados, hopefully they'll have some demo pieces out. 

Been looking to upgrade my DT880/Little dot MK IV SE setup for a while now, hopefully Grado will satisfy! 
dt880smile.png

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #178 of 1,754
Great news! Do they carry CIEM as well? I am interested in ES5.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #180 of 1,754
No idea, but I definitely hope so! Great seeing this thread come back to life, glad there's more than one head-fi'er here! 

Is there by any chance a Dubai classified thread or something? Looking to update my listening station. 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back