Audiophiles, Gear in Switzerland?
Apr 26, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't know of any other good headphone stores in Switzerland beyond the ones that I listed. If you don’t live near Zurich, I suggest that you take a look at the Sennheiser HD 800 Authorized Dealer List to find a store closer to you (the list features shops throughout Switzerland: in Geneva, Basel, Lugano, etc.): http://www.sennheiser.ch/consumer-hi-fi/kopfhoerer/hd-800/ Not all of the stores on this list are great, but almost all of them sell a number of other brands in addition to Sennheiser, as well as of course other headphones made by Sennheiser. Importantly, most of these stores also allow you to audition any gear that you're interested in.

Best,
Joel

Yeah, the store in lugano is in front of the university campus, I already went there; turns out he only sells Sennheiser and Bose, mostly Bose, and when I asked him about headphone amps he made a funny face. He only sells speaker amps. To think he sells HD800 too is surprising! How does he expect his costumers to drive them?

BTW, I dont blame him: he has a really small place, plus I have the impression there's not much demand for audio-quality here in Ticino... I hope that maybe Monster's marketing can convince them spending 100$+ on headphones isnt madness... I think in the long run even others manufacturer will benefit from this.

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

I live in Crans Montana, Valais but I lived in Geneva for 6 months. I am sure there is a store close to Quai Turretini (next to the bridge) and I recently found one online, apparently close to L'Usine called Digistore: http://www.digistore.ch/1.5/

They have various hi-fi brands like Rotel, B&W, Sony, Focal, etc. They also have some high end stuff from Focal and some other very good amplifiers. From headphones, they have the full range of Sennheiser.

I was also told there is an audio store in Lausanne, however, I have no details on that.

:O Crans Montanta, that's so close to my place ^^

I live in Visp, Valais

We should definitly do a Switzerland Meeting sometimes.

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #19 of 50
Quote:
:O Crans Montanta, that's so close to my place ^^

I live in Visp, Valais

We should definitly do a Switzerland Meeting sometimes.

Quote:
Agreed, a Swiss Meet would be awesome!

Nice.. Ive been through Visp on a number of occasions on the train like going to Zermatt, but never really found myself visiting the town. 
tongue_smile.gif

Regarding the Swiss meet, it would really be awesome, as I have never attended a meet before 
ksc75smile.gif
. I also have a professor who is an audiophile but he is more into speakers.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Nice.. Ive been through Visp on a number of occasions on the train like going to Zermatt, but never really found myself visiting the town. 
tongue_smile.gif

Regarding the Swiss meet, it would really be awesome, as I have never attended a meet before 
ksc75smile.gif
. I also have a professor who is an audiophile but he is more into speakers.

Visp is not really worth a visit to be honest.

If there would be a meeting don't forget to invite the guys from the german speaking headphone communities (like hifi-forum).

May 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #21 of 50
Quote:
Visp is not really worth a visit to be honest.

If there would be a meeting don't forget to invite the guys from the german speaking headphone communities (like hifi-forum).

Oh come on, any place in Switzerland is worth a visit in my opinion 
biggrin.gif
 most beautiful place on earth.

Well, if there would be a meet, we are gonna make some publicity about it for sure. 

Now that we got into a discussion about the audio market in Switzerland, I am actually surprised there is not a single quality store in Geneva. I mean, Digistore must be great, but common sense suggests Switzerland should be like heaven on earth for this kind of business. What do you think?

May 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 50
Quote:
Oh come on, any place in Switzerland is worth a visit in my opinion 
biggrin.gif
 most beautiful place on earth.

Well, if there would be a meet, we are gonna make some publicity about it for sure. 

Now that we got into a discussion about the audio market in Switzerland, I am actually surprised there is not a single quality store in Geneva. I mean, Digistore must be great, but common sense suggests Switzerland should be like heaven on earth for this kind of business. What do you think?

Yes its the most beautiful country on earth, but Visp is kinda like a big village but not a town. It has nothing special compared to other villages around (like zermatt). Just a place to work or pass through

I really wanna make a meet, but I don't think we are enough to fill a room ^^ 

I've only been to geneva once. Mainly because I speak german and not french ^^ (BTW: I work in Sion in a french company, but I still cant speak properly ^^ (je deteste le francais). I think its really funny that normal stores like digitec have the "good stuff like" the LCD2 and LCD3. But K55 is really big. They have nearly every brand, even some smaller ones like Focal.

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 50
Hello guys (Bon jour/Gutten tag :wink:

Just to say that l 'arrived' to this thread looking for info on a 'decent' hifi store in Geneva (having in mind trying headphones)... l am so happy to find some 'head-fiers' around!

Let me know if you finally decide to do that meeting!

Best wishes!

Antonio

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #27 of 50
I've published an updated version of my list in a new thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/754961/list-of-good-high-end-headphone-stores-in-switzerland). In it I mention that k55 now has very good amp/DAC offerings.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #29 of 50
Hello there and welcome :)

Not me buddy, l have no idea, sorry...

Now, in FB there is a page called 'Headfonia' (they also have a website where they do HI-FI stuff reviews). The guy that deals with it, Lieven, has always been very friendly and helpful to me, you might want to ask him.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back