audiophile's dictionary
Mar 3, 2012 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LemanRuss9

100+ Head-Fier
hello all
im sorry if i am in the wrong section
but i want to ask
most people in head fi use audophile words (that is what i call them).like for example there is bright and other things.
i only knew the meaning of bright.can anyone tell me other words and their meaning.like warm etc

thanks!
leman

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 10
Can't say. I find that pretty normal because English is not my first language. I remember myself looking at dictionary over and over again when doing vocabulary exercises...

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 10
http://www.head-fi.org/t/546715/a-plea-to-the-community-lets-standardize-the-way-we-describe-sonic-signatures

I found this thread recently to be helpful as I've had trouble with this too since I've been trying to figure out what more of these terms mean in describing my own gear

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
What does IC mean when used as part of a trade forum post? Please send the answer in the form of a PM.

IC means 'Interest Check'.
Seeing if anyone is interested in the item and which price can be expected.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #8 of 10
GUYS..it's pretty normal to need a dictionary. you catch on to the lingo after a while. other than the preset terms we all use that was linked..we more or less use feelings and that...internal..feeling or thing we get as audiophile words..meaning we pull it out of our ...you know what's..and it works

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 10
I still don't know half the words on that list. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy your music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back