Audiophiles and the other Humans
Mar 7, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #16 of 22
the fact that people just keep talking even after they notice i have my headphones on annoys me. I've been yelled at sooooo many times for "making" them to repeat what they said.

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #17 of 22
its no big deal just to pause it and then off one side of the earphones and then listen to what people have to say. it doesnt bother me one but and people that know me get used to it.

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #18 of 22
Thats why i dont wear IEMs in public. Its just a PITA to have to pull them out, then reseal them into my ears and get them just right "finally" , only to have somebody talk to me again!!! So i wear headphones in public so i can just lift a side and hear what they say and put it right back on again.

Sometimes in PITA stores i ignore people though and act like i dont hear them. Some walk away, and some come over and tap my shoulder and say "Can i help you?".
I hate that. Obviously i dont want to be bothered.
Sometimes ill act like they scared me when they tapped me and ill jump and rip off my phones and scream "" AHHHHHHH What???!!!!!"" LOL!!!
And theyll usually say "Oh sorry i scared you, so you need some help?"
To which i sometimes say something smart like "" Yes, you can call me an ambulance for my heart attack now!""

I hate being bothered in a store by some salesman that knows less than i do about what im looking at.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I'm out shopping or whatever I will wear my IEMs and I find it extremely annoying to be bothered. I have to pull out the IEM to speak and putting them back in is a PITA. I'd like a PTH like the one Shure has but am afraid of how it would effect the sound.

Im using a Shure Iphone controler/mic/ earphone cable with my decent set of Panasonic over the ear Stainless steel clip on earphones and I don't detect any difference at all.

I also don't like to cover my ears when in public (besides work). I like having all my senses available. I just get creeped out when I see some young girl walking alone at night with her ibuds cranked up all the way that I can hear them from far enough away. My S/O just read this and agrees. I just don't get it. I'm usually twice+ the size (strength/speed) of these people and I'm just too worried to do this.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #21 of 22
It used to be a bigger problem for me back when I was still in High School. Back then, I stuck to clip-on headphones or closed circumaural headphones and used to enjoy listening to a bit of music in the halls before class would begin. It used to be a PITA cause friends who'd come up behind me, instead of trying to get my attention, would just yank my phones off and start talking. Once I got to college, people tended to be a lot nicer about not pulling my IEMs out of my ears and instead, waving their hand in front of me or chucking wads of paper at me until I spotted them.

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It used to be a bigger problem for me back when I was still in High School. Back then, I stuck to clip-on headphones or closed circumaural headphones and used to enjoy listening to a bit of music in the halls before class would begin. It used to be a PITA cause friends who'd come up behind me, instead of trying to get my attention, would just yank my phones off and start talking. Once I got to college, people tended to be a lot nicer about not pulling my IEMs out of my ears and instead, waving their hand in front of me or chucking wads of paper at me until I spotted them.

Oh fun!!
Yeah i can feel your eardrums pulling out due to the suction of pulling out them IEMs by the cord right now!!! Id be mad...lol !!!

People are rude,seriously.

Not a headphone thing, but sorta on the subject....
I hate it when youre at a loud club, and its already deafening, and someone wants to say something to you and walks up and screams in your ear!!!!!!

The STUPID METER goes wayyyy up for that!!!!
If you wouldnt scream that loud in someones ear when its quiet, then its not ok when its noisy either. If i screamed in the same persons ear the same way in a quiet room, he/she would think im nuts, but somehow he/she feels its ok at a club.

Again, People are rude, seriously!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back