audiophile tablets?
Apr 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #32 of 36

Quote:
All the Tegra 2 tablets use the Wolfson, although I'm not sure if all of them are supported by Voodoo Sound. Can definitely vouch for how good it sounds compared to the stock implementation of the Wolfson.

Another lesser known tablet for audio stuff is the Archos G9 Turbo - it's an Android one and Archos have added USB DAC support (tested and working with my E17, but not had enough time to put it through it's paces).

I just ordered mine a few days ago, how does one add USB DAC support?

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #33 of 36

Quote:
I just ordered mine a few days ago, how does one add USB DAC support?

For the Archos you mean? Need to install the 4.0.4 update (sadly it's a Honeycomb firmware, an ICS firmware is already available but Archos broke USB DAC support with that update, hoping for an ICS update soon to fix that). When you get the tab check the firmware version in Settings --> About Tablet, if it's on the 4.0.4 update leave it as is if USB DAC is very important (which I'd imagine it is if you post here). If it's not on that firmware it gets a little trickier since you'll need to manually apply the 4.0.4 update, as the system will prompt you to go straight to the 4.0.5 ICS firmware. Don't worry, in practice it really isn't so difficult - let me know if you need assistance when yours arrives (this forum http://forum.archosfans.com/index.php gave me the goods on manually applying updates and also the download link for the 4.0.4 update, very helpful once I decided to downgrade the firmware based on the only confirmed report of the E17 working with the G9 and confirmed this fixes it).

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #34 of 36
Awesome! Can't wait for the Archos to arrive. I wonder if it will work with my Leckerton... I'll be buying the new Leckerton when it is released anyway...
Thank you!

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #35 of 36
I know this is a old Thread, but after reading it, I wonder if someone can answer the OP but with 2014 models.
Thanks

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #36 of 36
I listen to my Samsung Galaxy 4 Nook Tablet with the Equalizer Music Pro app and it sounds pretty good with my Sennheiser HD 485 headphones[though I only listen to the XM app on it]......imho it seems to be an audiophile quality tablet[at least as close to audiophile quality as XM internet radio can be].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back