audiophile quality albums
Feb 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #211 of 340
It would be more helpful to people if everyone would stick to specific titles and releases. Chiming into this thread with "anything from lablel x" or "anything from artist y" smacks of laziness.

If the purpose of this thread is to encourage people to check out great sounding recordings, then this tactic is counter-productive since no one in their right mind would invest a lot of their time checking out music that you clearly put zero thought into recommending in the first place.

--Jerome

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #213 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be more helpful to people if everyone would stick to specific titles and releases. Chiming into this thread with "anything from lablel x" or "anything from artist y" smacks of laziness.

If the purpose of this thread is to encourage people to check out great sounding recordings, then this tactic is counter-productive since no one in their right mind would invest a lot of their time checking out music that you clearly put zero thought into recommending in the first place.

We might get more recommnedations to the point if threads like this were titled "Fantastic recordings although you didn't really like the music."

:)

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #214 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by sniks7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We might get more recommnedations to the point if threads like this were titled "Fantastic recordings although you didn't really like the music."

:)

I think the integrity of the thread went south with the numerous inclusions of 'The Nightfly' anyway.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #215 of 340
Quote:

--Jerome

Small labels with consistently good output can be excluded from above comment!

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #218 of 340
Quote:

Paying any further attention to this inane list-fest can be excluded from my head-fi time.
rolleyes.gif

--Jerome

Why make derogatory comments in a thread you no longer find informative? Why not simply refrain from posting? Others, myself included, find many of the posts interesting.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #219 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why make derogatory comments in a thread you no longer find informative? Why not simply refrain from posting? Others, myself included, find many of the posts interesting.
rolleyes.gif

Otherwise known as thread crapping.

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #220 of 340
jsaliga, I sort of agree with your first comment regarding just listing labels, makes sense, except for smaller, more consistent labels like mark suggested.

But the next comment was completely unnecessary. totally not needed. No one asked for your opinion on the thread or how you spend your precious time.

If you have suggestions to add to the list, do so, else ****.

As for the list, I can add a recent re-discovery of mine

Jeff Buckley - Grace (great album, and excellent recording quality)

Feb 6, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #221 of 340
Not a problem guys. If you honestly feel that blanket artist and label recommendations are useful then I leave you to your thread. Everything was fine until post #215.

And I really don't give a rat's patootie whether or not you asked for my opinion.

See Ya.

--Jerome

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #222 of 340
Jun Fukumachi - At The Steinway (Take 2) DXD (Direct eXtreme Digital) In native Pyramix format: 24-Bit 352.8kHz
Blue Coast Collection - The E.S.E. Sessions SACD
David Chesky - Area 31 SACD
Jazz At The Pawnshop SACD
Sound And Vision SACD Sampler
Bucky Pizzarelli -Swing Live SACD
The Worlds Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recrodings SACD
The Sheffield Jazz Experience 24K HDCD
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #223 of 340
I like Budapest Festival Orchestra's Dvorak Symphonies 8 and 9 on SACD and Michael Wolff 2 AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back