audiophile quality albums
Mar 8, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #301 of 340
led zeppelin II
rage against the machines debut album
pat metheny's the road to you
soweto gospel choir live
oh and black sabbath's paranoid. with maybe some dream theater.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #303 of 340
My favorite testing albums is The Trans Siberian Orchestra. Great combination of winds, woods, piano, drums, guitars ripping scales through all the frequencies and multiple unique and different sounding vocals. Great for testing soundstage, detail, and frequency response. Who says you cant listen to christmas music year around?

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #304 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yanni's Live at the Acropolis and Yanni Live - the Concert Event are two of the best live recordings I've ever heard. Fantastic dynamics, energy, and textures.

yeah, but then you've got to...

...well, never mind.

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #306 of 340
Copland 100, Eiji Oue: Minnesota Orchestra
Reference Recordings
Recording Engineer: Keith O. Johnson

Feb 6, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #308 of 340
John Mayer - Where the Light is
Jack Johnson - En Concert

Two of my favorites.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #309 of 340
I've been pretty impressed with Example's work. What We Made and his latest single Won't Go Quietly are actually pretty well recorded, especially by rap albums (or dance in the case of the new one).

Most rap/dance is horribly loud. Example has a good voice IMHO and it is well recorded. You don't get the usual massively distorted bass or "everything louder and everything else" muddled sound like so many albums these days. Dance isn't really my thing but the new single manages to have that powerful "anthem"/"big" sound without becoming unlistenable on 'phones.

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #310 of 340
anything lo-fi like Have a Nice Life, Afterlives, Mount Eerie, Microphones, Onra, etc.
The hifi part is hearing all the imperfections
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back