audiophile quality albums
Feb 16, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #331 of 340
I see I have the issue with John Coltrane's Lush Life. I have the RVG version. I was able to track down the DCC Gold version (don't ask me how). BIG difference between the 2. The RVG version, you can hear "clicking" on the opening track's horns. I always thought I just had a bad copy. It's not present in the DCC Gold version. This is a shame.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #332 of 340
All Ted Templeman produced Van Halen albums sound great, well mixed.

please do not try any Remastered series CDs cause of the obvious reason of loudness and compression.

CDs released till late 90's are safe in my humble opinion.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #333 of 340
Here's a couple of really good productions in different styles:
  1. ... more or less acoustic, like Fun Lovin' Criminals: Mimosa. It has been my audiophile favorite for years. 
  2. ... that is, until I listened to the electronics of Bola. All albums sound absolutely stunning, but check out these three: Kroungine, Fyuti and Gnayse. Nothing compares.
  3. ... and there is always time for a golden oldie, like Talk Talk: Spirit of Eden.

Oct 11, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #338 of 340
Trying to bring this thread back to life

Om - God is good
Om - Pilgrimage

Two of my favorite work from Steve Albini

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #339 of 340
I find the 48khtz 24bit version of Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool very impressive as showcase for high resolution audio, interesting aspect, i have been listening 16/44.1 version ripped by myself in 2016 (listening this album for 4 years and almost every day) and only this year obtained 48khtz 24bit version and i was astonised by the difference in sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back