Audiophile not a music lover...?
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #136 of 144
Me too. I suppose she has vocal ability, but I dislike listening to her.
Nerve inducing pain. Talent?...yes, but listening to her? No!!

I fired up the Jason Richardson album again and thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the track Hos Down. He busts out this country western riff and right into some Chet Atkins type passage then right back to Djent. This man and band has talent.
Check out a guy/band John 5. Not really that fond of his music at all but some of it’s interesting. He used to be the lead guitarist for Marilyn Manson then went solo. Nothing like MM as he shows off his pickin, pluckin and strummin style. He has a bluegrass country background and incorporates it into a lot of his tracks. Check out the song J.W. You’ll either enjoy it for what it is or go What? To say the least, his axe work is solid and not afraid to show what he’s about.

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #137 of 144
I'm sitting this one out until the quality of music improves.

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #138 of 144
don't sell Canada short, you have Nickelback! :deadhorse:
seriously I think I've always had some Canadian artists in my playlists. Canada did it's part for music, no doubt for me. I only have that condition where I want to run away anytime I hear Celine Dion. but aside from that, cool. and I'm an absolute fan of Billy Talent(albums, not live!!!!!).
I should apologize for Justin Bieber though.

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #139 of 144
I'm sitting this one out until the quality of music improves.

Perhaps too much headbanging going on. Try the album "Dream and Daggers" by Cecile McLorin Salvant. She's sassy. :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #140 of 144
Apr 24, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #141 of 144
Well you gave us Joni Mitchell so that makes up for it.

More than makes up for it! She's one of the few that lives in my pantheon of musical deities. I expect that people will still talk about her a century from now.

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #143 of 144
The difference there is that Joni Mitchell has a good singing voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back