Audiophile music player
Nov 22, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #31 of 40
The stock buds are fairly good actually. The only problem i find with it is that little volume module, and the shape of the earbud. They tend to fall out easily, sound quality though they easily kick apples stock offering.

I would actually be interested in remolding the earbuds to another, maybe IEM housing.

Nov 23, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #32 of 40
My unit is very new and I get hiss from the stock buds unless I use the volume attenuator and put the volume up to about 25-31 or so. What it means is that there are fluctuations in the build, or more probably, people are not attuned to certain hiss. With no music playing, there is no hiss, that is fact. When music is playing at any volume level this hiss is horrible with all of my headphones (though the 64 ohm DJ1Pro is the easiest to swallow).

I have had two units, one which has gone back and they hiss the exact same amount and the second unit (probably like the first) has been confirmed to work flawlessly. If you don't notice the hiss, consider yourself blessed.

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #33 of 40
My unit doesn't hiss, i put in a blank record and played it. I get zero his from my Starkey/Tunz, and teeeny tiny with my ES3X and more noticeably with my Mage. That's about it.

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #34 of 40
I have both the AMP3 pro1 and the pro2 and I have been blessed that neither of them hiss, the pro1 hissed until I passed 100hours but I never had a problem with the pro2. I use the stock buds which give great sound, it was designed for them and my Chinese modded Triple Fis which are absolute bliss and when at home the sr80s which again have no hiss, I also use sennheiser ie7s and both the Yuin PK1s and the crossroads copy of them which are also great with both the amps. For sound it has no rivals as far as I'm concerned, I have the T51 from Teclast which is again a Chinese player trying to find a niche market but sadly it is even buggier than the amp3 pro and not a keeper I think!! The amp3s I love and am eternally grateful to Hisound for their work on this sector of the market, I hope , as they progress, they will not become like Microsoft where it's not really worth buying the product until sp1 is released to put right the bugs, although the model has served and continues to serve Microsoft well I don't think this market will live with such a strategy.

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #35 of 40
From what I understand, HiSound are really willing to take into account users' feedback, so threads like this and the AMP3 thrill (spelled that wrong) are helpful. If it takes them several more months to hit a benchmark where their players work on an even keel, bless them.

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #36 of 40
Agree, this really was a testing ground for the HSA product line, in a way. But some buyers didn't quite know that, and were frustrated. Anyway, I do look forward to testing out the Studio I whenever it comes out, sooner than later I hope.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #38 of 40
I tried the Amp3 Pro 2 two weeks ago and it hissed deadly with ES3X. I'm interested in the Studio I as well. I can testify that the Hifiman 801 does not hiss at all and is truly an audiophile DAP. Unfortunately the price is out of the range of the OP.

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #40 of 40
Rockbox kinda sucks- it's glitchy and is a resource hog.... if it sounds good, your player probably isn't liking it. I've installed it on all my previous devices that utilized it, and it's always crapped out somehow- sometimes it'd lock up my device randomly, or the menus would go crazy.... many times it'd erase my library. I don't EQ, and only needed it for FLAC. i got an iaudio7, and it was cool, but the batterylife sucked with flac... and it froze up a few times on me. I bought a sansa fuze and haven't looked back. So far it hasn't froze, and it doesn't seem to mind flac at all, but it doesn't play ape... also the batterylife isn't as long as my old iaudio, but it's also a lot lower profile, and personally I think it sounds much better (less hiss, and much cleaner sound).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back