Audiophile meets in Toronto, Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #16 of 46
The reason I am stepping back is because I don't know you and you just suggested to invite a dozen strangers into your home and to summarize, you basically said "I have a living room, you take care of the rest".
I offered to help you with advice and information, but you just asked me to organize a meet in your living room.

Everything about this is telling me not to be involved.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #17 of 46
Thanks for the clarification.
Now at least I know the reason for your stepping back.
I'll wait for a number of people to join my post. Who knows, may be I will have enough people for a meet sooner or later coming from this thread.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #19 of 46
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 46
"Hi guys, I'm willing to host a meet on day X at location Y, if you're interested reply".
What is the point of creating another thread about the same topic?
If there had been people willing to meet I would have arranged a meet long time ago.
Do you see when the thread was posted?

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #21 of 46
I have no wish to be involved.
Nobody is forcing you, huh?
I though you are a doer but you are just a writer. You are good about writing essays though, I must admit that.
Now I have a big time doubt that you have ever arranged a meet.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #23 of 46
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #24 of 46
'Cause you made me. I am not a begger as you might think.

alex5908,

Although you might not know it, FallenAngel has contributed more to the Toronto head-fi meet scene than anyone I know.
There are many types of meets out there, and if FallenAngel isn't interested in your style of meet, then you need to respect that.
A quick search of the site will show that FallenAngel has hosted many meets, so back off a bit.

That being said, we are definitely due to for a Toronto meet. If it needs to start off small at first, so be it.
Since we haven't had a meet in such long time, there is bound to be a lot of interest in having a meet again.
As suggested by FallenAngel, you should create a new thread with a "interest check for a Toronto meet" with a specific date and venue information.
Until you do, it's hard for any members to think about whether they want to lug their gear over to attend.
I haven't been too involved with meets, but all of them I've been to have been fairly large with over 20 guests minimum.
Something to keep in mind.
Best of luck.

-Jeff (someone who has also hosted a Toronto meet)

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #25 of 46
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the message.
I am so p...ed off with an attitude in this thread that I don't think I will continue with it or something new about a meet in the nearest future.
I am a new audiophile and don't know anybody in Toronto to ask about a meet. That was my good intention and I got a "red flag" for that. Do you think I deserved that?
Any way, I don't think something will come of it as you might see the thread was posted on October 5, 2018 and till now there has been no move.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #26 of 46
In case you misunderstood, a red flag is a figure of speech for something sounding strange.
I have been nothing but polite and spent considerable time and effort trying to be helpful by providing as much advice as I could in the "essay" as you so called it, on what you should consider when planning a meet.
I was not interested in planning this meet as you described to which you responded quite rudely in both your reply and through PM. You ignorantly said that I was not someone that would help with a meet in this thread after I already gave you a lot of advice, then you insinuated that I was accusing you of taking advantage of people or being a beggar in PM, which I don't understand how you came up with. Again, I wished you all the best and because you were rude asked you not to contact me in the future.
I just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page here. I agree that the attitude in this thread stinks, but I think that's because in response to my encouragement for you to arrange this meet, your expectations climbed and when not met, you responded by being rude.

Again, I'll end with saying I really do wish you the best of luck and hope you make a meet happen.

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #27 of 46
In case you misunderstood, a red flag is a figure of speech for something sounding strange.
I have been nothing but polite and spent considerable time and effort trying to be helpful by providing as much advice as I could in the "essay" as you so called it, on what you should consider when planning a meet.
Thanks for the message.
I am sorry for being rude. I just did not mean it.
I know what "a red flag" is. And that's exactly how it all started. To me there was nothing strange about my proposal (I wrote in PM that I don't know any audiophiles in Toronto and nobody responded to me in this thread for a considerable period of time, so how could I get the people for a meet?) and that's why I came up with these "insunuations" after getting a response from you. I was very open but you found it to be weird. I just wanted you to understand what I felt at that moment.
P.S.
Anyway, I am very grateful to you for your advice.
And sorry once again.

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #28 of 46
Thanks for the message.
I am sorry for being rude. I just did not mean it.
I know what "a red flag" is. And that's exactly how it all started. To me there was nothing strange about my proposal (I wrote in PM that I don't know any audiophiles in Toronto and nobody responded to me in this thread for a considerable period of time, so how could I get the people for a meet?) and that's why I came up with these "insunuations" after getting a response from you. I was very open but you found it to be weird. I just wanted you to understand what I felt at that moment.
P.S.
Anyway, I am very grateful to you for your advice.
And sorry once again.

We're all ordinary people that happen to be audiophiles in this community. Misunderstandings happen.
A rather unfortunate disconnect between people simply speaking to one another and how people communicate online has lead to this unsavory exchange. The fact that tone of voice and ability to clarify meaning easily is in no small part to blame.
You are very welcome to the advice I tried to give and I would not hesitate to give it again. We are, after all, members of the same community and I wish to help meets run as smoothly as possible.
It's a shame that our conversation has turned to this. I really am upset that it has, but the past cannot be changed.
Your apology is most obviously accepted and I hold no ill will for a fellow audiophile.

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #29 of 46
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #30 of 46
Now we can all rejoice and touch each other's headphones . :o2smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back