audiophile diy DAP?
Dec 13, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #136 of 140
I know that... That's why it was under "problems".

Actually, I quoted the 48KHz from memory (coming from a diyaudio post). It's a bit more complex. Here are the relevant passage of the datasheet:

"The sample rate converter upsamples all different sample rates to XTALI/2, or 128 times the highest usable sample rate with 18-bit precision. This removes the need for complex PLL-based clocking schemes and allows almost unlimited sample rate accuracy with one fixed input clock frequency. With a 12.288 MHz clock, the DA converter operates at 128 x 48 kHz, i.e. 6.144 MHz, and creates a stereo in-phase analog signal. The oversampled output is low-pass filtered by an on-chip analog filter. This signal is then forwarded to the earphone amplifier."

"I2S CF MCLK ENA enables the MCLK output. The frequency is either directly the input clock (nominal 12.288 MHz), or half the input clock when mode register bit SM CLK RANGE is set to 1 (24-26 MHz input clock).

I2S CF SRATE controls the output samplerate. When set to 48 kHz, SCLK is MCLK divided by 8,when 96 kHz SCLK is MCLK divided by 4, and when 192 kHz SCLK is MCLK divided by 2."

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #137 of 140
I'd just like to throw in my two cents that if we're talking ARM architecture and BGA's, the Y in DIY means "YOURSELF". You're not gonna find a lot of existing designs and discussion to help you. It's really gonna be a project from scratch.

I just did a quick and dirty project with an at91sam7x256 to interface with the CANbus in my car to retrieve the steering wheel radio controls and control my after market head unit via proprietary serial....as well as be able to monitor all my car's system's via ethernet...and it was far from what would constitute DIY.

The ethernet option is a distinct advantage though, as if you're good with javascript and string parsing, you could create a fairly complex and detailed control structure for the DAP, including album art, etc.

Feb 15, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #139 of 140
The Vs1033 was discussed just four posts above
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back