Audiominor LOD vs Fiio L3 LOD vs other cheapish LOD's for ipod / iphone
Jan 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #16 of 26
Jan 20, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #17 of 26
Jan 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #19 of 26
Haha, in the pictures though it is seen coiled up, and when i emailed about the audiominor one he said that once bent it will maintain its position, so i could only assume that means that it wont be flexible, unlike the other two.
I dont really need it to be really flexible, its just that i dont want to damage the wire as i will be betting it at around 20 - 30cm so it will bend due to the nature of the length!
Do you think sound will be the same from all of them?
Thanks

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 26
Will there be any audible difference between them, as if not i think ill get the 1st option as durability looks good!

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #22 of 26
I'm actually thinking about getting a silver/copper lod from audiominor at some point. The only thing is it's the most expensive ($55). Has anyone experienced major differences between silver plated copper ($25) vs. copper/silver?

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #23 of 26

Quote:
I'm actually thinking about getting a silver/copper lod from audiominor at some point. The only thing is it's the most expensive ($55). Has anyone experienced major differences between silver plated copper ($25) vs. copper/silver?

I believe there's one more LOD by Audiominor that is more expensive and is all copper. However, I've just taken the plunge on the silver/copper Audiominor LOD you mention to pair with the Fiio E9/E7 combo I also just ordered, so I'll report back here when they've arrived. Unfortunately my review may be close to worthless for you as I've no previous LOD experience to compare it to. I made something of an impulse buy on the LOD based on the favourable review here http://www.pda-247.com/wordpress/2010/11/fiio-e9-headphone-amp-audiominor-cables-review/

Mar 1, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #24 of 26
There is no need to "upgrade" from the L3 just because it is inexpensive. Inside it is Oyaide OCC copper custom cable which is higher grade than practically everything else out there, same stuff that's in ALO's nice LODs. The whole thing is molded so it is as tough as you can get. You, and I, could not ask for a better LOD. I'd rather link someone to an L3 LOD than build someone an LOD, that's how sure I am that the L3 is great, and how much I hate making LODs.

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #25 of 26
The money would be better spent on earphones or a new amp at least you will actually be able to hear a difference for your money with amps and headphones.

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
There is no need to "upgrade" from the L3 just because it is inexpensive. Inside it is Oyaide OCC copper custom cable which is higher grade than practically everything else out there, same stuff that's in ALO's nice LODs. The whole thing is molded so it is as tough as you can get. You, and I, could not ask for a better LOD. I'd rather link someone to an L3 LOD than build someone an LOD, that's how sure I am that the L3 is great, and how much I hate making LODs.

But have you actually tried it?  (¯3¯)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back