Audiologists for ear impressions in New York City
Dec 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #16 of 21
  Great update! Brooklyn College has an audiologist that does it for $25! I got my impressions done for 1964 ears. I took pictures before I sent them in and 1964 said the impressions were too shallow so the audiologist redid the impressions free of charge much deeper. I can't comment on fit yet since I don't have the monitors yet, but I don't think you can find it cheaper than $25 in 2014! I hope they don't update their prices anytime soon!

Do you have the contact info for the audiologist? Thanks!

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #17 of 21
  Great update! Brooklyn College has an audiologist that does it for $25! I got my impressions done for 1964 ears. I took pictures before I sent them in and 1964 said the impressions were too shallow so the audiologist redid the impressions free of charge much deeper. I can't comment on fit yet since I don't have the monitors yet, but I don't think you can find it cheaper than $25 in 2014! I hope they don't update their prices anytime soon!

Update - My IEMs turned out pretty wonderful! They're pretty comfy in my ear (I don't have anything to compare against though - this was my first pair) and I can wear them for hours at a time without fatigue. It took a few days/weeks to get used to, but now they're just great... So I think they do a decent job - just make sure to do your research and to double check that it is a good impression before sending it off.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #18 of 21
New York is super expensive.  The place near my office charges $100 for impressions.

Jul 2, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #19 of 21
Just returned from an appointment with Julie Glick (http://www.musicianshearingsolutions.com/) for an ear impression and I highly recommend her.  She charges $100 for the service. 

Before the appointment I had contacted numerous audiologist offices in Queens and Manhattan and they all quoted me $80 and above; none of which were even on the UE recommended list.  Finally, I decided since I'm spending the money for a custom IEM, what's an extra $20 for an UE recommended audiologist?  I'm very glad I did.  Julie is patient, knowledgeable, and a perfectionist.  She noticed a small bubble void in one of the molds and thought it could be a problem and repeated the process for that ear.  Thanks to Julie, I know my CIEM will have the perfect fit.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #20 of 21
It was yesterday, I went to  Julie Glick her site: (http://www.musicianshearingsolutions.com/).
Which really is one of the UE/Sensaphonic listings. Today is 2016 October 11, I really appreciate upper floor's comment which helped me  found out a professional and patient audiologist. As today, the price is $125 for both ears. Let me just list down things,(which I thought is more easy to look and easy for you guys to compare)   
*The front desk staff is nice (she asks me either ) I want tea or coffee. 
*This company is in Park Ave which is located on Manhattan, the office is comfortable and secure.
*More important. as I mentioned the doctor is really nice.
[I had left ear one time done the ear impression, but right ear took her three times just to get perfect] "she really knows how to do this impression in a good way"
*While making the ear impression, we need to open mouth and bite things
[Before this doctor, I had called so many different office they all didnt require to do this thing"Which I felt shock, and you know what. Those places are even more expensive Cost $150 "No need open mouth and Bite??"  WHAT!!!]

Anyway, this is the only place I fount is professional and worth to go.
I just want to share with you.  I know how struggle it's for finding nice and proper ear impression in NewYork.
BUT REALLY!!! IT COSTED LOT OF MONEY IN NEWYORK TO GET A EAR IMPRESSION. ///////@#!$%!/// "NY is EXPENSIVE 

Hope you all find right audiologist for ear impressions, and let's enjoy the music together.

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 21
  It was yesterday, I went to  Julie Glick her site: (http://www.musicianshearingsolutions.com/).
Which really is one of the UE/Sensaphonic listings. Today is 2016 October 11, I really appreciate upper floor's comment which helped me  found out a professional and patient audiologist. As today, the price is $125 for both ears. Let me just list down things,(which I thought is more easy to look and easy for you guys to compare)   
*The front desk staff is nice (she asks me either ) I want tea or coffee. 
*This company is in Park Ave which is located on Manhattan, the office is comfortable and secure.
*More important. as I mentioned the doctor is really nice.
[I had left ear one time done the ear impression, but right ear took her three times just to get perfect] "she really knows how to do this impression in a good way"
*While making the ear impression, we need to open mouth and bite things
[Before this doctor, I had called so many different office they all didnt require to do this thing"Which I felt shock, and you know what. Those places are even more expensive Cost $150 "No need open mouth and Bite??"  WHAT!!!]

Anyway, this is the only place I fount is professional and worth to go.
I just want to share with you.  I know how struggle it's for finding nice and proper ear impression in NewYork.
BUT REALLY!!! IT COSTED LOT OF MONEY IN NEWYORK TO GET A EAR IMPRESSION. ///////@#!$%!/// "NY is EXPENSIVE 

Hope you all find right audiologist for ear impressions, and let's enjoy the music together.

How did your CIEMS turn out? Any fit issues, or was it perfect? I am considering to go to this place because I am in need for a refit of my current CIEMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back