audiologist in toronto?
Feb 13, 2008 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mugtastic

Head-Fier
i want to order a pair of livewires, and they said i should be able to find a price of about $30 for the pair of impressions. after calling a few i get quotes of between $100 and $200 for the set! any one find a better deal in or around the gta? thanks for any help.

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mugtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want to order a pair of livewires, and they said i should be able to find a price of about $30 for the pair of impressions. after calling a few i get quotes of between $100 and $200 for the set! any one find a better deal in or around the gta? thanks for any help.

yup. 1/2 of the audiologist in Toronto are half assed rejects, my friend has been recently calling around in Toronto to find an audiologist around in Toronto too. (we both live in scarborough, i got my impressions done at waterloo, cause im up there studying)

basically, most of the ones that he called either said that the price is about 40-60$, but then they dont allow you to take their impressions because they are afraid ur gonna go to another "store" to make cheap hearing aids and w/e. you have to basically BUY their molds and monitors that they offer there (which is about 100-200$)

Theres one that I dont think my friend called yet, and thats the one that UE has on their site for Toronto.

340 College Street suite 340
416-96-MUSIC

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 8
ha! guess what - after i posted this thread a guy called me back - musicians' clinic of canada - marshall chasin AuD. he said he'd only be around til 3:30pm and tomorrow morning - but hey he's around the corner from me - at 340 college st. suite 340, 416-96-MUSIC.

so i popped over, got the impressions, got my hearing checked and sent them to california. $35! ($20 for the express postage).

awesome!

hopefully anyone in the gta looking for an audiologist will find this.

he even gave me the book he wrote on preventing hearing loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back