Audiolab MDAC vs Audio GD DAC NFB 17.2 + NFB-6
Dec 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

econsumer666

Head-Fier
Hello,

can anyone suggest, if buying Audio GD DAC NFB 17.2 + NFB-6 would be an upgrade from Audiolab MDAC. It would cost roughly the same. I'm going to use with with LCD2 and probably either HD800 or T1 in the future. I currently have Audio GD Fun, which cost less than half of Audiolab MDAC and I don't think I hear much of improvement whatsoever!

Thanks

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 4
I've actually just ordered Audio GD DAC 5.2 and NFB6 to go with it and will send the MDAC back as I somehow feel that for 800 EUR which the MDAC cost I'll get better quality with Audio GD. I actually like Audio GD Fun more (at least over Headphones than MDAC) and it cost less than 50%. This chinease manufacturing is really haaaard to beat.
Now I've read that the NFB6 is only good via balanced headphone jack, What... oh man :frowning2:(( I didnt know that how come damn :) I guess I'll probably have to recable the LCD 2...

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I've actually just ordered Audio GD DAC 5.2 and NFB6 to go with it and will send the MDAC back as I somehow feel that for 800 EUR which the MDAC cost I'll get better quality with Audio GD. I actually like Audio GD Fun more (at least over Headphones than MDAC) and it cost less than 50%. This chinease manufacturing is really haaaard to beat.
Now I've read that the NFB6 is only good via balanced headphone jack, What... oh man :frowning2:(( I didnt know that how come damn :) I guess I'll probably have to recable the LCD 2...

You might not need to recable it. This is an option: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/Phoenix/ModifyEN.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back