AudioGD DAC with ASIO problem
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

koonyue

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

Just got a AudioGD Ref5.32, with the new USB 32 board, upgrade to FW version 4, and installed the latest v1.2 driver.

Problem is:

-- I mainly use cplay, so it only accept asio, I install the v1.2 driver and open cplay, the asio driver fail with something like "Please make sure the ASIO output is 32 bits", and "Cannot open ASIO setup page" etc ...

-- So I open the Envy control panel (appear after I install the v1.2 driver), make sure I select the 32-bits (default is 16 bits), and try in cplay again, same problem ...

-- In cplay, I can actually see a device named "VIA xxx", but the ASIO setup button is grey out

-- Then I install ASIO4ALL, under cplay I select ASIO4ALL, and everything work !

I read from AudioDG website the latest v1.2 USB driver support ASIO, so how come I still need ASIO4ALL? If I am using it will I lost those async USB transfer feature?

btw, I copy all dll from the driver zip to foobar /component folder, it work like a charm, "without" install ASIO4ALL

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Kingwa,

Thanks for the quick reply, I follow your advice and re-install everything, but still the same problem ...

Background, Win7 32bits, USB 32 firmware 4, driver v1.2

1. I extract the driver to C:, according to the user manual

2. Envy panel is set to 96K, 32 bits

3. VIA ASIO panel setting

4. All DLL are copied to foobar folder

5. foobar Output setting

6. foobar ASIo setting

7. Please note it is "16 bits"

8. When I click "Configure", it show me this error

9. In cplay, the ASIO setting button is disabled

10. ASIO driver cannot start because it is not 32 bits

However, in foobar, it can still have sound, but the volume is affected by Windows volume control, and the volume control in the Envy control panel, so is it "really" ASIO?

Also, why under foobar, I cannot change the bit rate to 32 bits ...

In cplay, it do NOT have any sound at all

Please help

Thanks

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Are you still having issues with the Audio-GD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back