Audiofly Club Life by Tiesto in-ear headphones
Oct 26, 2014 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

cjs001

500+ Head-Fier
Audiofly collaborated with Tiësto to create three different kinds of in-ear headphones designed for recreational use outside the DJ booth. “It’s imperative that I hear the detail in the music, so when I heard the authentic sound quality and saw the workmanship of Audiofly in-ear headphones, I knew I wanted to collaborate with them to create my ‘Club Life by Tiësto’ range,” said the perennial DJ Mag Top 100 heavyweight.

So I'm surprised to have missed these headphones from Audiofly and only found them after digging around a little. The Maximal, Paradise and Adagio. Not much information about them though. They pretty much identical to the AF-33, AF-45 and AF-78 respectively save for the logo. Makes me wonder how different they could sound, especially the Adagio compared to their own AF-78 which sits a good $40 more in pricing...

\

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 16
I'd be interested to see how they sound myself. I found them all for sale on Amazon, but they're marketed as CLUBLIFE not audiofly. And you can order them, Amazon says they ship in 1 to 3 weeks. Guess they didn't release earlier this year as anticipated.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 16
Those look like rebadged AF33's, AF45's and AF78's - Priced that way as well.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 16
  Yep, as I mentioned, they're pretty much identical, cept the Adagio is priced a good deal cheaper than the AF-78 which is weird since the 78 has some bad rap from what I've read.

Sorry, I missed the paragraph in the middle - thought it was more marketing copy - never mind!

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 16

Sorry, I missed the paragraph in the middle - thought it was more marketing copy - never mind!

Haha that's fine. Though if I suppose I'm ever in need of a pair of glow in the dark cheap In-ears, I'll grab the Paradise for rave parties 
etysmile.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 16
hm, well they're pretty much "comparable" to their original counterparts. So I guess probably slightly different tunings. It's interesting that they all have reflective material... if they make all of them with glow in the dark housing and cables, they would make awesome low light jogging headphones while great for rave party :p

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #14 of 16
Now appearing on Massdrop!
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/audiofly-clublife-adagio-iems

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #15 of 16
Just received these after purchasing on Massdrop.   Very tiny and fit very comfortably in the ears.  Also, great selection of eartips, and mediocre packaging.
Soundwise- very good.  Strong upper bass and thick mids with a very wide soundstage.  Really, caters perfectly to trance/progressive/house music.  I listen to Melodic progressive, downtempo, chillout, future bass, some dnb, and some chillstep.  So, these phones fit me very well.  I have not done my testing on the mic's performance on phone calls and how well it may or may not do at shielding out sounds around me while on a call (coffee shop, restaurant, car, grocery store, etc), but can post my finding on that when I actually perform the tests.

Build is very cheap, I'm afraid.  As I took the cables out of the box for the first time, BOTH the faceplates came right off.  I considered reaching out to the manufacturer for an exchange, but opted instead to super-glue the tissue paper-thin aluminum back onto the rear of the headphones.

If the sound wasn't good, however, I would've returned them.

Carrying case/pouch feels very nice and is too small for most my iems, but it fits these very well.  These do not dethrone the FX850's or the FLC8s, but then again, they aren't in the same price bracket.  For their price, I'd say they're a great value.  I haven't heard the other $99 hybrid by 1More (or whatever), but that may be its main contender, IMO.

Little more on the sound: I've got them plugged into my Soundblaster E5, playing USB through my MacBook.  Sound is actually very vivid.  It isn't that "live" sound that you get with the FX850. However, its one that's much tighter and precise, which I do enjoy very much as well.  The Highs, once boosted every so slightly, have a great sparkle.  Actually probably a better balanced sound than the FX850, due to the (non-modified) FX850's big bass.  These are a very good sounding headphone, and other than the faceplates being very fragile, are a phenomenal value!.  Just use a little superglue on the faceplates if they come off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back