Audiofile X-Fi by Auzentech
Apr 18, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #16 of 30
There were Linux Drivers Floating around for the X-Meridian. Some features weren't yet supported BUT the base drivers were there. -THis were provided by a third party for the 8788 chipset. I am unsure as to if there will be Linux drivers for the new Prelude....probably not..

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #18 of 30
I wonder if they will use the reference board design from Creative, or improve upon it.

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #21 of 30
My question is...Will they incluide Dolby Headphone?? will have the best of two worlds, music and games
580smile.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #23 of 30
For sure Creative will force tu use a flexi-jack if not maybe won't be a real X-fi. I don't belive Creative will let all features without restrictions to another company.

Apr 19, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #24 of 30
Believe it or not they are indeed allowing Auzentech to purchase and use the 20KX chipset also known as the X-fi processor. Auzentech won't just build another X-fi gaming card model. They will build a card like the X-Meridian with sound quality above all else. Auzen caters to the HTPC market. Creative to the gamer market.

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #25 of 30
I believe if Creative doesn't come up with a Linux driver, meridian can't.
rumor says that the linux driver will come out 3rd quarter 2007. let's wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyPeN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Linux, no Meridian.
Yes Linux....then I might be interested. I'm too fed up with companies not supporting this OS.

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #27 of 30
Just so that you don't need another card for a dual-boot machine?

May 23, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyBuchanan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is promising for future driver support from Creative as well...

Oh Gunblade, I have the audio bay on my X-fi, modded (by cotdt) both the card and the bay. The bay definitely degrades sound quality, but yes for convenience it is great! I bring my rig to lanparties and the less gear I need to bring the better. At home I have my choice of amps and speakers for a far superior listening experience.

Yeah I am pretty damn sure it does. The flat ribbon cable didn't exactly scream with quality to me : ( The convenience is awesome though. I hate reaching around to the back of the PC to plug in headphones. I know what some people are thinking. Your speakers didn't have a headphone port?!

Well they do but with the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's whenever I plug in headphones sound still comes out the subwoofer. I have no idea why. Maybe I should ask help support lol...

But yeah no mods here. I don't want to screw anything up, or really want to take time to practice/learn. Other things to do. But it's pretty sweet to see what all you guys can do.

May 23, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Well they do but with the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's whenever I plug in headphones sound still comes out the subwoofer. I have no idea why. Maybe I should ask help support lol...

I used to own the Promedia and I am pretty sure that when I plug in the headphone everything else just turns mute.

Better get it check out.. =)

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunblade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I am pretty damn sure it does. The flat ribbon cable didn't exactly scream with quality to me : ( The convenience is awesome though. I hate reaching around to the back of the PC to plug in headphones. I know what some people are thinking. Your speakers didn't have a headphone port?!

But yeah no mods here. I don't want to screw anything up, or really want to take time to practice/learn. Other things to do. But it's pretty sweet to see what all you guys can do.

The Klipsch Promedia 2.1 (which I got with my PC at work) has a horrible, horrible headphone jack that greatly degrades sound quality. No matter how good your sound card if you route audio through this jack you are seriously worsening the sound quality. Do yourself a favor and find another way to get audio to your headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back