Audiofile X-Fi by Auzentech
Apr 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

floydenheimer

500+ Head-Fier
Check out the press release here. Sounds like hotrodded X-Fi for the lazy/non-DIY-ers; the million dollar question is what parts are they going to use.

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 30
Very surprising that Creative let Auzentech use their X-Fi chip. I hope they use an AD or AKM DAC chip. I know they will use DIP8 sockets for interchangeable op-amps.

Apr 16, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 30
this is exciting.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very surprising that Creative let Auzentech use their X-Fi chip.

Not so surprising, actually. Creative had already stated at the initial X-Fi launch events that they were looking to license their X-Fi technology to others, as the development costs were pretty high.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Apr 17, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not so surprising, actually. Creative had already stated at the initial X-Fi launch events that they were looking to license their X-Fi technology to others, as the development costs were pretty high.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

what about driver support? is a small company like auzentech going to be spending a ton of money writing their own X-Fi drivers? or maybe Creative will liscence their drivers as well, but it will be strange to see people using Creative drivers on an Auzentech card.

Apr 17, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #11 of 30
This sounds like a great product and something I would buy to avoid screwing up my sound card by modding it.

My only question is...will it come with an "audio-bay". I love being able to plug in my headphones or anything else right there in the front of the computer into a 1/4".

I own the X-Fi Platinum : )

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about driver support? is a small company like auzentech going to be spending a ton of money writing their own X-Fi drivers? or maybe Creative will liscence their drivers as well, but it will be strange to see people using Creative drivers on an Auzentech card.

They didn't talk about that in detail back then, but I'd expect 'em to provide plenty of source code, so the licensees can customize the drivers to their liking - especially the "visible" parts (e.g. control panels).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #13 of 30
This is promising for future driver support from Creative as well...

Oh Gunblade, I have the audio bay on my X-fi, modded (by cotdt) both the card and the bay. The bay definitely degrades sound quality, but yes for convenience it is great! I bring my rig to lanparties and the less gear I need to bring the better. At home I have my choice of amps and speakers for a far superior listening experience.

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #14 of 30
Knowing Auzentech, I would guess they will have a expansion header on their cards. Same as the X-Meridian. From a business standpoint it makes great sense just in case.

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #15 of 30
No Linux, no Meridian.
Yes Linux....then I might be interested. I'm too fed up with companies not supporting this OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back