Audioengine 2, not what I expected.
Sep 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #62 of 67
Quote:
Right now I'm just considering all of the options, so time isn't an issue. Also I'm not really sure about used.

Topping TP30 or hte newer version and the B652 should work well enough as long as you're alright with the monitors' size. Without shipping all that comes to about $145 - I can't think of a better bargain.

BTW I just found out the Edifier dealer in my country has the R2000T for about $110 - might just pick this up and a used UDAC for about $40. It has its own volume control but since I'm using an SIII and my laptop as sources I'm thinking I could get those two through a powered hub and the UDAC serves as a "better" DAC for the laptop (if not also for the SIII) and along with the hub, a source switcher.

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #63 of 67
Quote:
Topping TP30 or hte newer version and the B652 should work well enough as long as you're alright with the monitors' size. Without shipping all that comes to about $145 - I can't think of a better bargain.

BTW I just found out the Edifier dealer in my country has the R2000T for about $110 - might just pick this up and a used UDAC for about $40. It has its own volume control but since I'm using an SIII and my laptop as sources I'm thinking I could get those two through a powered hub and the UDAC serves as a "better" DAC for the laptop (if not also for the SIII) and along with the hub, a source switcher.

That sounds like an awesome setup, for an even more awesome price! Personally I think I'm going to go the Daytons with the topping.

So on a completely different note, I'm going to be getting an S3, do you have any tips or something audio wise?

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #64 of 67
Quote:
That sounds like an awesome setup, for an even more awesome price! Personally I think I'm going to go the Daytons with the topping.

So on a completely different note, I'm going to be getting an S3, do you have any tips or something audio wise?

Breaking news - local distro finally brought in Swans Hivi S3W, D1080 MkII 08 and even the D200MkII! I'm absolutely dizzy about which one to buy so I'm delaying my purchase until Christmas/Year-end, need time to listen to them all first. Need to see if the smaller size of the D1080 vs the R2000 will make it worthwhile. The Edifier runs on active crossovers and a bigger LF driver though.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #65 of 67
smily_headphones1.gif

L3000.gif

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Breaking news - local distro finally brought in Swans Hivi S3W, D1080 MkII 08 and even the D200MkII! I'm absolutely dizzy about which one to buy so I'm delaying my purchase until Christmas/Year-end, need time to listen to them all first. Need to see if the smaller size of the D1080 vs the R2000 will make it worthwhile. The Edifier runs on active crossovers and a bigger LF driver though.

Thats awesome!

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #67 of 67
Quote:
Thats awesome!

Even more awesome : D1080 goes for about $165 plus fuel/cab fare (I'm not lugging that around through Metro Manila's mostly horrible public transport "system"), S3W goes for about $60 plus about $3 to and fro (this one I can take public transport with), with local dealer support which I hope doesn't suck.

Thing is, I'm really obligating myself to buy so I can at least contribute to the distributor's interest in bringing good stuff into the country. The only local speaker manufacturer  doesn't make active speakers, nor anything small enough for nearfield, but maybe even they might start getting into these at some point what with adjacent older mansions getting torn down and replaced by condos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back