Audiocubes disappointment
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But they did remove the reference in the product description when you alerted them to it. FallenAngel could be correct in saying it may be nothing more than an oversight. Is there anything wrong with the operation of the transformer that they provided?

Removing the description after I have not only ordered the unit, but received the unit as well, doesn't solve anything. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I would not have ordered this amp if they had told me it would be coming with a 35W portable transformer. Have you ever spent over $200 on interconnects or a recabling? Surely you'd agree that a transformer has a similar affect on sound as cables.

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #17 of 41
Sorry to heard the bad news, clearly they are not going to give you the 1000W transformer. Ask the they can give you credit for the 35W you don't want and get this from Price Japan. I used to use this with Audio Technical amp and very happy with it...

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 41
In case you're interested, eBay has a 1000 watt step down transformer 117/100 volt for a "Buy It Now" price of $84.95, or $74.95 if you bid on it. $12.95 shipping

1000 Watt Step Down Transfomer

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #19 of 41
Just to clarify, there was a mistake in our website in terms of the description. I am working on to get this resolved. I have a confirmation from our operation manager Ichiro and here's the information below:

Hi Kohn,

We sent the P-1u with the TI-101(35W) as the P-1u needs only 19W(max). Also, description of the P-200 was wrong. It also needs only 19W. I have just updated accordingly. I have confirmed again with the manufacturer just the small transformer like the TI-101 will do with both the P-1u and P-200.

-----

So essentially we have corrected the website. I don't think this should be categorized as false advertising, but incorrect description - we will provide a transformer that's suitable for the amp. The webmaster used the description from Accuphase power amps for the headphone amp. However, I am still seeing to have a stronger transformer be sent out. It may not be 1000W but it will more than sufficient (I am trying to see the max wattage) for the headphone amp. This will be confirmed with the manufacturer.

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by raccoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Removing the description after I have not only ordered the unit, but received the unit as well, doesn't solve anything. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I would not have ordered this amp if they had told me it would be coming with a 35W portable transformer. Have you ever spent over $200 on interconnects or a recabling? Surely you'd agree that a transformer has a similar affect on sound as cables.

What if the page had said "Free 10000W transformer"? Would you have still made this thread? I doubt it. It would be obvious to you that a free 10,000W transformer was a simple mistake considering the amp only uses 19W. It's clear that this was nothing more than a copy-paste error from another item, but I'm sure that entitles you to.... ahh who cares?

Wahmbulance.jpg

EDIT: I'm now Supremus! FEAR MEEEE!!!!!!

wink.gif

EK

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But they did remove the reference in the product description when you alerted them to it. FallenAngel could be correct in saying it may be nothing more than an oversight. Is there anything wrong with the operation of the transformer that they provided?

Regardless of any mistake, it is the retailers mistake and as such they should have to honor the terms of that purchase at the time it was made. They can rightfully refuse to supply the 1000W T only after the advert has been corrected.

In this case the OP is entirely within his rights to insist on the deal he paid for (IMO). Good luck RC and keep hammering them to do the right thing.

Peete.

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 41
I have no idea why you would possibly not order an amp just because it comes with a step down transformer WELL within it's operating range, even over-spec'd by 40% but would buy one that is over-spec'd by 2000%. The idea that a transformer operating within spec is going to "change sound quality" or any such nonsense is baseless.

As for not getting what you wanted or what was listed - hope the company resolves this problem for you, definitely not good for business.

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regardless of any mistake, it is the retailers mistake and as such they should have to honor the terms of that purchase at the time it was made. They can rightfully refuse to supply the 1000W T only after the advert has been corrected.

In this case the OP is entirely within his rights to insist on the deal he paid for (IMO). Good luck RC and keep hammering them to do the right thing.

Peete.

Right on brother

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if the page had said "Free 10000W transformer"? Would you have still made this thread? I doubt it. It would be obvious to you that a free 10,000W transformer was a simple mistake considering the amp only uses 19W. It's clear that this was nothing more than a copy-paste error from another item, but I'm sure that entitles you to.... ahh who cares?

Wahmbulance.jpg

EDIT: I'm now Supremus! FEAR MEEEE!!!!!!

wink.gif

EK

Ah, but what if it said heavy duty 1W? It's fun to play the what if game, yes? Straw man arguments are always tiring so that's all I'll say to this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main issue that I see is that if Audiocubes knew of the error, they should have alerted the OP before shipping the product. Instead they knowingly shipped the lesser transformer without alerting the OP of the oversight. In the very least that's unethical and a clear indication of poor business practices.

Regardless of whether the replacement transformer works, it seems very likely that the behavior exhibited by Audiocubes is an example of a bait and switch. Given their reluctance to appropriately address the situation, I would say that this would make me hesitant to deal with them in the future as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Peete.

You guys understand what I'm trying to say. I appreciate it.

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #25 of 41
More importantly, can you tell us a little about how the Luxman sounds? I've been trying to get some info on it, but at $2100 (some $700 above the original P-1) I want to make sure there is a substantial improvement.

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by seacard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More importantly, can you tell us a little about how the Luxman sounds? I've been trying to get some info on it, but at $2100 (some $700 above the original P-1) I want to make sure there is a substantial improvement.

I don't have much to compare it to. I've been using my receiver as an amp before. The P-1u is very quiet, no hiss, and it sounds smoother than my receiver. No heat which was important to me since I sit a few feet from it. The price increase is probably due to the exchange rate rather than it being a substantial improvement, but that is just speculation on my part.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to clarify, there was a mistake in our website in terms of the description. I am working on to get this resolved. I have a confirmation from our operation manager Ichiro and here's the information below:

Hi Kohn,

We sent the P-1u with the TI-101(35W) as the P-1u needs only 19W(max). Also, description of the P-200 was wrong. It also needs only 19W. I have just updated accordingly. I have confirmed again with the manufacturer just the small transformer like the TI-101 will do with both the P-1u and P-200.

-----

So essentially we have corrected the website. I don't think this should be categorized as false advertising, but incorrect description - we will provide a transformer that's suitable for the amp. The webmaster used the description from Accuphase power amps for the headphone amp. However, I am still seeing to have a stronger transformer be sent out. It may not be 1000W but it will more than sufficient (I am trying to see the max wattage) for the headphone amp. This will be confirmed with the manufacturer.

Yet right! They give you a $30 dollar transformer to supply power to a $2000 amp, pair of $200 cable and few pair $500 headphone? That's NOT right!

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #28 of 41
You HAVE THE RIGHT to ask for what they promised when the deal is settled whether or not it's useful (in someone's opinion).

Women buy luxury bags to put in their cosmetics. A plastic bag will do it. Does it mean that they should always pay 1000+$ for a plastic bag ?

When the OP bought something, he perhaps wanted something in addition to the pure SQ. And that's completely OK.

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #29 of 41
One should understand the importance of power supply. They play big role in sound quality. That's why good power unit easily cost over 1000 USD. If one think wear cloth is just for covering our body, not for funtion, comfort, style, luxry, or just try to make a statement, etc. Why don't you wear newpaper? It is cheaper. It will cover you just fine. BUT Audiocube was trying to tell you a high proformance Northenface jacket is free with order, what the customer got is $2 dollar shirt from flea market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back