Audiobyte Hydra Stack: Hydra.Vox + Hydra.Hub + Hydra Zap
Jun 21, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #542 of 916
How do I initiate the firmware update? I've tried playing the .wav file in both Roon and Musicbee using ASIO, and nothing seems to happen? The manual says a progress bar should appear, but I'm not getting that.
I don't know if you have the HUB (must have access to internet) but this morning I was able to update thru the HUB using the attached instructions. It was super easy. I guess Audiobyte just got their update server running last night.

Attachments

• HUB_functional description draft 1.0.pdf
    601.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 22, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #543 of 916
To fully update. You must do it multiple times until all modules are fully updated. On me, have done it maybe three times until it's all done.

Jun 22, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #546 of 916
Yeah after update it resets...

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #547 of 916
Do you guys know what exactly this update was about?
The 0.2 delay bug is still there...
I personally believe the 0.2 delay bug is related to the constant clicking of the Vox, even if the sample of the Hub doesn't change. Nicolae said that the Vox would get a firmware update for that issue. I never had an issue with the Singxer so I'm not sure what it has to do with the Vox but that's the information I got. So I wouldn't be surprised if a Vox update is needed to fix the 0.2 delay bug.

With my current workaround (partial Roon upsampling and using SPDIF) I have no constant clicking and the 0.2 delay is no longer an issue either. It's annoying though that they still haven't fixed that issue because I'd really like to switch back to USB.

Jun 22, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #548 of 916
I personally believe the 0.2 delay bug is related to the constant clicking of the Vox, even if the sample of the Hub doesn't change. Nicolae said that the Vox would get a firmware update for that issue. I never had an issue with the Singxer so I'm not sure what it has to do with the Vox but that's the information I got. So I wouldn't be surprised if a Vox update is needed to fix the 0.2 delay bug.

With my current workaround (partial Roon upsampling and using SPDIF) I have no constant clicking and the 0.2 delay is no longer an issue either. It's annoying though that they still haven't fixed that issue because I'd really like to switch back to USB.
I don't have Vox (I have Wavedream) and the 0.2 delay bug is still present. Nicolae confirmed that the bug is affecting the HUB.

Jun 22, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #549 of 916
I don't have Vox (I have Wavedream) and the 0.2 delay bug is still present. Nicolae confirmed that the bug is affecting the HUB.
Ah ok. All I know is that they really need to get their act together. Still can't register the device on the support site. No manual. No fixes for the major issues. No support for the Hub in the app. Can't trust anything they say about time frames.

I love the sound but if I had known about all this I would have ignored Audiobyte entirely.

Jun 22, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #550 of 916
Yes...they should definitely be more efficient in fixing bugs and introduce planned features.

But the sound....the sound is the best I experienced from a streaming device. I didn't try the Wavedream NET... but I have to admit that the HUB is stellar.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #551 of 916
I have received an email from Nicolae where he is stating that the delay bug has been fixed with the update to 1.05

I have upgraded already to 1.05 but the 0.2sec delay is still there. Before I reply to Nicolae...can some of you confirm the same?

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #552 of 916
I have received an email from Nicolae where he is stating that the delay bug has been fixed with the update to 1.05

I have upgraded already to 1.05 but the 0.2sec delay is still there. Before I reply to Nicolae...can some of you confirm the same?
I received an email too and was just checking. It's only partially fixed it seems. When I switch back to USB the 0.2sec delays are still there when I switch between songs . The delay does not happen for instance when you go back to the start of the song. If I remember correctly the delay used to be present before when doing that. It also causes less relay switching with the Vox now. Before it would trigger no matter what you did. Now when scrubbing through the timeline in a song it no longer triggers those.

But unfortunately I can confirm it hasn't been fixed yet.

Edit: it seems to behave similar now to the SPDIF input. If I upsample in Roon so that the source sample rate doesn't change, then the delay is no longer present. This was my workaround with SPDIF as well.

Edit: @Miracle1980 I just replied to Nicolae's email and told him my findings.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #553 of 916
○n my hydra stack configure : roon server →LAN switch → hydra hub(mode LAN) → hydra vox(mode iis) → headphone
0.2 second can be fix on this configure
hydra hub upgraded already to 1.05
to me is a happy news

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #554 of 916
○n my hydra stack configure : roon server →LAN switch → hydra hub(mode LAN) → hydra vox(mode iis) → headphone
0.2 second can be fix on this configure
hydra hub upgraded already to 1.05
to me is a happy news
Are you sure? I just tried LAN mode on the Hub and I still get the delays. I'm also using the Vox with IIS. It doesn't happen when playing a single album (source sample rate stays the same then), but when playing random songs I still get the delay. Does your Roon server do any upsampling?

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #555 of 916
Are you sure? I just tried LAN mode on the Hub and I still get the delays. I'm also using the Vox with IIS. It doesn't happen when playing a single album (source sample rate stays the same then), but when playing random songs I still get the delay. Does your Roon server do any upsampling?
use roon playing random songs, any sampling rate not have 0.2sec delay ,and my vox is always connect not have relay sound,except change sampling rate like 44.1 to 48 or 96K

my hub is set upsampling DSD512

Edit: roon is not use any upsampling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back