Audiobyte Hydra Stack: Hydra.Vox + Hydra.Hub + Hydra Zap
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #378 of 916
Welcome to the Wavelight Club.
Such a beautiful device
I joined the WaveLight club around 7 month ago and after 200-300 listening hours of breaking in period, became stable and soud great, also need less time to reach the optimal temperature, around 30-40 min for me is good enough.

Dec 10, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #379 of 916
I joined the WaveLight club around 7 month ago and after 200-300 listening hours of breaking in period, became stable and soud great, also need less time to reach the optimal temperature, around 30-40 min for me is good enough.
True the warm up time is really short compared to most R2R DACs.

Dec 10, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #380 of 916
I'm sorry but what's the difference if go vice verse?
@skylinekursk can't tell you much about Hydra Vox, but WaveLight is great for headphones (assuming you pair it with proper amp) but to hear what it can deliver you need speakers. That is my experience. It also needs a bit time to warm up.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #381 of 916
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday season and thank all of the contributors. I haven't posted much here, but I've gained a lot of useful knowledge over the years. I've been enjoying a Wavelight for past few months and I'm hooking up a HydraVox today. Over the past few years, my DAC choices have been heavily influenced by what I've read on these forums and I've not been disappointed by any of the choices. Thank you again.
Vic

Jan 2, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #383 of 916
Same to you and to all the rest!

Covid and supply problems maybe just like all the rest. Maybe it is the same with the Wavelight Server/Streamer. Due to supply problems, they have redesigned (component changes) the HUB . The other thread says its Q1 2022. Oh well.

I am good w/ my Adroid Device + DDC. So IDK.

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #385 of 916
Honestly given up on the hub. Probably won't get it even when it comes out. I'm probably just going to stick with my zen stream and save a few bucks.

Jan 9, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #389 of 916
Same thing with my Android Box/SU-6 combo...I don't know at what degree the Hub will bring. I am leaning towards spending the money on other things.

Mar 26, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #390 of 916
Same thing with my Android Box/SU-6 combo...I don't know at what degree the Hub will bring. I am leaning towards spending the money on other things.
I just dropped in to say hello and with a brief comment. I had sold my Vox dac to a member of our small audio group locals and was able to directly compare the Vox in my system to a couple of other dacs one being the Holo Audio May KTE dac.
Off the top of my head used in a speaker system the Holo May was more expansive sound stage with a little better front to back imaging and location however my strong memory of the Vox it rendered well recorded vocals and speaking voices a little more realistic sounding then the May KTE dac .
If I had to choose and I am only speaking for myself the one dac over the other my feelings toward hearing the human pitch a little better representative I would choose the Vox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back