Audiobyte Hydra Stack: Hydra.Vox + Hydra.Hub + Hydra Zap
Oct 26, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #361 of 916
Any HUBs around yet?

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #363 of 916
That is what I heard since August haha. Who knows when they will actually ship.

Also got my Vox/Zap back from the vendor with a manual update on the firmware for my ZAP. Also the transformers were loose and has been screwed down tighter. I havent had any voltage swing issues, and the android app connects every time and pretty fast now.

Nov 13, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #364 of 916
I went through all posts and I am wondering if there are any new comparisons with Rockna Wavelight? Unfortunately I had a chance to listen to Wavelight and I really liked its musicality, air, soundstage and details however I have some albums in DSD format exclusively and I wonder if VOX wouldn't be better in handling those than Rockna R2R dacs?

Another of my concern with Wavelight is lack of headphone amp, especially when comparing to Chord Hugo TT2. While I've probably found a brilliant headamp to pair with Waveligth overall I'd love single box solution like TT2.

Would be grateful for any more tips from those headfiers who had a chance to listen to both dacs.

Nov 13, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #365 of 916
I went through all posts and I am wondering if there are any new comparisons with Rockna Wavelight? Unfortunately I had a chance to listen to Wavelight and I really liked its musicality, air, soundstage and details however I have some albums in DSD format exclusively and I wonder if VOX wouldn't be better in handling those than Rockna R2R dacs?

Another of my concern with Wavelight is lack of headphone amp, especially when comparing to Chord Hugo TT2. While I've probably found a brilliant headamp to pair with Waveligth overall I'd love single box solution like TT2.

Would be grateful for any more tips from those headfiers who had a chance to listen to both dacs.
I only own the Wavelight and never heard the Vox.
However I wonder why you think that the Vox would be better at DSD than the Wavelight?

Nov 28, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #368 of 916
To tell you frankly, after I bought the SU-6 I ran to some health issues that I hadn't have the time to evaluate it thoroughly. In fact, these pass two months solely was in 4 hospitals. The last was more than a month... :tired_face:

But as far as I remember, it was a blacker background, more definition and dynamics.

Chose SU-6 from DI-20 because of better design (clocks (crystek), power supply -> has super caps, better integration (configurable I2S) and have better reviews. Reading the DI-20 thread, users have problems with the unit and integrating it to their DACs (as I remembered it). And since I have a previous product (F-1) which was very solid, so I went to the SU-6. So far, together with my Android Box (Beelink GT King) playing thru UAPP, it is very solid.

I am more or less well now and at home. Give me sometime to listen to it again.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #369 of 916
To tell you frankly, after I bought the SU-6 I ran to some health issues that I hadn't have the time to evaluate it thoroughly. In fact, these pass two months solely was in 4 hospitals. The last was more than a month... :tired_face:

But as far as I remember, it was a blacker background, more definition and dynamics.

Chose SU-6 from DI-20 because of better design (clocks (crystek), power supply -> has super caps, better integration (configurable I2S) and have better reviews. Reading the DI-20 thread, users have problems with the unit and integrating it to their DACs (as I remembered it). And since I have a previous product (F-1) which was very solid, so I went to the SU-6. So far, together with my Android Box (Beelink GT King) playing thru UAPP, it is very solid.

I am more or less well now and at home. Give me sometime to listen to it again.
Sorry to hear about your health problems. Glad you're doing better and hopefully it only improves from here on out!

Thank you for the information.

Dec 9, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #371 of 916
Have some thoughts on change DAC. My current exogal comet plays in team with AGD he9 amp and lcd-4. I was looking on r7he mk2 Dac from AGD, but may be I have to consider VOX as well...
I'm not sure but may be someone had a change to compare these DACs....
Thanks,

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #372 of 916
Since you have he9 , why not go with r7he mk2 and connect them w/ acss? Your stack will be uniform too since they are all AGD. Just my thoughts.

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #374 of 916
That's my thoughts from the beginning, but decided to look around before order..
Thanks!
I owned the Hydra Vox + Zap for a couple of month, now I moved to the Rockna Wavelight. Hydra vox is a very precise machine, but the sounding richness of Wavelight and the beautiful and tridimensional sound stage heve a more involving listening experience, no dubt about that, for me off course.

Dec 9, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #375 of 916
I owned the Hydra Vox + Zap for a couple of month, now I moved to the Rockna Wavelight. Hydra vox is a very precise machine, but the sounding richness of Wavelight and the beautiful and tridimensional sound stage heve a more involving listening experience, no dubt about that, for me off course.
Welcome to the Wavelight Club.
Such a beautiful device

Users who are viewing this thread

Back