Audiobyte Hydra Stack: Hydra.Vox + Hydra.Hub + Hydra Zap
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #902 of 915
Only the input frequency is shown on the Vox display.
On the output it is not known whether it does Upsampler at 256 or 512 at least that is my understanding.
It depends on the FW but I in my Vox don't know....
This is another function that would have been very useful to have.

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #903 of 915
Unfortunately, over the weekend I found that the crackling defect with recordings on Roon with a frequency of 192Khz/24bit is always present.
But the strange thing is that it does it only when the stack has been on for at least 2 hours so well warm.
When cold it doesn't do it.
It is not a big problem just change sampling version of the record but it is a really strange fact.....

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #905 of 915
Check LAN connection. Or tried other inputs? SPDIF, USB, I2S?

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #906 of 915
Check LAN connection. Or tried other inputs? SPDIF, USB, I2S?
Yesterday I directly connected the NUC via USB to VOX and it would not do it.

Today I will try connecting the NUC again with USB to the HUB and see if it does.

I think though that if it was a network or otherwise connection problem it should do it right away.

The strange thing instead is that it does it only when the HUB is warm say from two hours onwards.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #909 of 915
You had two sources already LAN and USB. Think its enough. Need to ask your dealer for replacement. Email Nicolae to explain your problem. Maybe a FW solution.
Don't have any other (SPDIF/Coax, AES, Toslink) as source?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #910 of 915
As a source I could connect the CD in coaxial. But I have no 192/24 CD
And anyway I think it's an electronic problem with the HUB
I'm exchanging information with Audiobyte on Messenger.
I explained everything to them and they told me they will do what is necessary to solve it.
Let's see what happens....

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #911 of 915
Late to the party but very much enjoying the Vox with all sorts of headphones. Prefer it to TT2/Mscaler and various other highly regarded DACs.
Have two problems, though:
1) can’t register in order to get the newest firmware, still on Bullet. After I hit register it takes me to some obscure website.
2) can’t connect via I2S. Tried Matrix and Topping DDC in all( I think…) configurations and with different cables…nada!
Any help would be appreciated especially as I don’t get any response from Audiobyte so far.

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #912 of 915
I say welcome!

Register here: https://support.audiobyte.net/

There were revisions on the unit due to some out of production/scarce components due to COVID. So depending on your unit, FW differs.
My VOX is still on: BULLET | FPGA Ver 1.53 | Control Ver 2.76 | Display Ver 1.19

Under Audiobyte Icon > Settings > I2S Mode, try using PS Audio as I2S protocol. Its more common and a lot of DDC supports it. Or if not configure your Matrix to Rockna Protocol.

The built in HP Amplifier is a bit meh for me however. Hoping it was an AIO solution. But sadly not so for me. Bought a Pathos Inpol Ear for that. I see you have a GSX-Mini so fire away!

If I may ask just out of curiosity, aside from the TT2/Mscaler combo; what other "highly regarded" DACs have you heard?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #913 of 915
I say welcome!

Register here: https://support.audiobyte.net/

There were revisions on the unit due to some out of production/scarce components due to COVID. So depending on your unit, FW differs.
My VOX is still on: BULLET | FPGA Ver 1.53 | Control Ver 2.76 | Display Ver 1.19

Under Audiobyte Icon > Settings > I2S Mode, try using PS Audio as I2S protocol. Its more common and a lot of DDC supports it. Or if not configure your Matrix to Rockna Protocol.

The built in HP Amplifier is a bit meh for me however. Hoping it was an AIO solution. But sadly not so for me. Bought a Pathos Inpol Ear for that. I see you have a GSX-Mini so fire away!

If I may ask just out of curiosity, aside from the TT2/Mscaler combo; what other "highly regarded" DACs have you heard?
Thanks for reply and I communicated with Sebastian from Audiobyte; he sent me the new firmware and advised to move the dip switches(I think you might have mentioned that early on in this thread). So all is working now and indeed I2S sounds best for me.
Dacs I had from memory apart from Chord were Metrum Hex, Pavane, PSAudio Perfect Wave, Gustard 26Pro, Lampizator, Wyred4Sound and a few others I can’t remember anymore.
Really enjoy the Vox and I like the density without losing resolution. Actually I like the integrated amp despite having the mini and Violectric V550. Just now I compared the Vox to the Arche with the Utopia and the former is the clear winner.
Of course I am tempted to try the Rockna now!

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #914 of 915
71656258-163E-4D32-881C-24F93D213739.jpeg
Today music & relax with Super Hub,everything OK…

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #915 of 915
Each to his cup of tea... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :thumbsup:

Me right now enjoying this combo: Roon + HQP(Sinc-M/LNS15 PCM384) -> DDC or FMC -> HUB (PCM 705/768) -> DAC(I2S)

LLDhBCE.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back