Audiobyte Hydra: High-End USB interface
Aug 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #76 of 189
The guys at the local dealer told me I could also have it in silver and I didn't hesitate :D When you order one you can order it in silver :D

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #77 of 189
Ordered mine today.  Hope it gets here before the weekend..
L3000.gif

has anyone used the HDMI output to a PWD mk2 yet?  Do I need a special audio cable of some kind?

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #79 of 189
Quote:
L3000.gif

has anyone used the HDMI output to a PWD mk2 yet?  Do I need a special audio cable of some kind?

Congrats on the purchase. Can't wait for your impressions. 

Haven't used that output yet.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #80 of 189
Quote:
L3000.gif

OMG OMG OMG I'm so excited. 
L3000.gif

Can't wait to see your impressions especially with PWD since PWD is a pretty good dac on its own.

LE: Don't know about the cable. You should contact the producer (info@audiobyte.ro), just to be sure. Let us know too

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #83 of 189
Folks, my impressions of the Hydra-X compared with the Audiophilleo here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663672/audiophilleo-2-ifi-iusb-audiobyte-hydra-x-impressions

3. Audiophilleo 2 vs Audiobyte Hydra-X 

Note: I have informally heard the version of the Hydra-X I had, which is probably 8 months old now, has been updated meanwhile.  The only thing I know is that the "USB is now completely isolated". To this date I don't know how the "update" affects the SQ or if at all, nor has it been announced formally to my knowledge. I know someone who has access to both "versions", but unsure if/when he'll have time to compare the two.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #84 of 189
A e-mail from Nicolae Jitariu about the I2S from the Hydra-X to the PWD mk2.  

Hi,

you can use any HDMI cable. I can recommend a very nice HDMI cable from Kacsa,  KCS-HH1 . 
However I'm not sure what Paul & team did in the PWD MK2. It happens that we're behind the original PWT development back in 2008, so basically all should work as is; but if you have noise instead of sound it may happen that bitclock polarity between Hydra and PWD will not match; even so, I can help you with a firmware for Hydra that matches the PWD input...
Let me know how it works, your feedback will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nicolae Jitariu
Audiobyte

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #85 of 189

Nice reply from Nucu :)

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #87 of 189
Quote:
Listening right now with Audiobyte Silver Dragon native DSD files 2.822 Mhz 32 bits,eh...not bad at all ,it's stunning and of course with HD-800

Wow, never got to listen to that one. I am really curious about it. Hope I get it for a review soon?

How is it as headphone amplifier? And as dac?

More impressions, please! :D

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #89 of 189
Moar impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back