Audiobyte Hydra: High-End USB interface
Mar 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #151 of 189
  Dan, do you have any opinion on the sound differences between the Wavedream and the MSB Analog DAC?

I have had it for just 2 days and I couldn't get my hands on an Analog Dac to make a comparison, but wavedream sounded really really good. It is my top of preferences right now.

I am waiting for another unit for further testing.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #152 of 189
I've got the review unit and I must say that Wavedream really impressed me.

You can find my full impressions here.

And with this opportunity I found out that Hydra-X is even better on the I2S output.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #153 of 189
  I've got the review unit and I must say that Wavedream really impressed me.

You can find my full impressions here.

And with this opportunity I found out that Hydra-X is even better on the I2S output.

Nice review Dan.  Thanks for your impressions!

Apr 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #155 of 189
I've got my hands on a Audiophilleo 1 pure power . Comparison and review will appear soon.

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #156 of 189
  I've got my hands on a Audiophilleo 1 pure power . Comparison and review will appear soon.

Now what you really need to get in to compare to the Hydra is an Offramp 5 
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #157 of 189

Now what you really need to get in to compare to the Hydra is an Offramp 5 
wink.gif

What we really, REALLY need is for him to snatch up a PS-Audio PWD Mkii or their new DirectStream DAC and use the I2s output from the Hydra-X! That's the review I'm waiting to hear.

Although, I did read your WaveDream review and I was happy to hear that you found it's I2s input better than the SPDIF via the Hydra-X and at least as good as it's USB, I'm still waiting for a device specific review with the PWD Mkii. The USB input of the PWD Mkii has also been said to be pretty good, so I wonder how it would stack up compared to the Hydra-X's I2s?

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #158 of 189
  What we really, REALLY need is for him to snatch up a PS-Audio PWD Mkii or their new DirectStream DAC and use the I2s output from the Hydra-X! That's the review I'm waiting to hear.

That may just happen very soon. :)

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #162 of 189

Dan will visit Razvan (negura) in London pretty soon, he will take his Hydra with him to test with Razvan's PWD 2 :)

Who knows, maybe Razvan will have a DirectStream DAC by then 
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #164 of 189

Fingers crossed
tongue_smile.gif

Maybe, if Razvan still has it, they can throw in the YellowTec PUC2 into the mix for comparison on PCM.

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #165 of 189
Maybe they can test the AES output of the Hydra too :)
I can see it now: Dan will spend all his vacation in London testing the Hydra :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back