audio technica vs ultrasone vs beats
Dec 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

channend

New Head-Fier
heyy, so im new to this thread. im having a bit of a delema. i want headphones that are good with portability and durable and (of course) good sound quality. 

im looking at either the audio technica ath m50, an ultrasone headphone (please tell me which is best for me), or beats studios/ pro

i listen to either club/ house music, a little bit of dubstep, and todays modern pop music. i would like a little bit of bass but not an over powering bass. 

price is no challenge for me, because i can find them cheap (especially the beats brand, thanks to ebay and amazon)

i just would like a good all around headphone. i dont want my music to be so like leaked that people can hear it, and i want noise to be blocked out. i also like it  to be comfortable. i dont really listen to music that long. maybe 4 hours max, maybe more. 
*any other headphones you could recommend, i would appreciate it*

thanks!

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 5
Dude, honestly, forget beats. Crappy build and crappy sound, and they're way overpriced. and what are you really looking for? If bass, I'd recommend the sony XP-50(0) (i think). My best bet though would be the v-moda m-100's while you're in that price range. But ultrasone is pretty high up there, and they make some pretty great cans. But some of them are a little overpriced. So really I'd go for the audio technica ath-50's or the v-moda m-100's. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 5
I think you should give the ultrasone hfi-580's a look. They are decent all rounder and are exceptional at electronic music. They dont leak much sound and can block out almost any noise. Some people find them uncomfortable, but usually for extended periods. I can wear mine all day with no issue. Plus the ultrasones have a great soundstage (altho some find it unnatural).

EDIT:

almost forgot...they look SIIIIIIIIICK!!!! at least i think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back