Audio Technica the master of WOOD
Mar 8, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #271 of 480
Thanks. So it's pretty much a waste of money. How unfortunate the WB2022 doesn't have 3.5mm jack with 6.3mm like all the other headphones. Nope, just make it a BT and call it a day. Shame because I was interested. These headphones are more intended for use at home, I mean, taking them outside or office with the risk of theft? Nope.
They are cool if you prioritize wireless function as your main use-case. In that regard it is class-leading in its techs.

The only concerns from most passionate audiophiles are the absolute notion of the technical performance. It cost more than an ADX5000 and won't perform at the same level of fidelity, but it's also vastly differently tuned, closed-back and again, aiming for a different use.

I'm looking forward to more comments of end-users out in the wild and their thoughts from a day-to-day use-case. Still too early to tell.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 8, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #272 of 480
Plugged straight into the HA5050H and using its (now aged) built-in DAC still yielding fine results.

I am not sure about attendance in Dallas at this time.

Reception was a lot more mixed here. Most people found it beautiful but the sound is what it is being a Bluetooth headset.

Truthfully I am no the biggest fan of the tuning. It should sound better plugged in via USB-C but I haven't tried that yet.
I love the HA5050H. Wish AT offer an upgrade program to the onboard DAC.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #273 of 480
I am happy with the response on W2022 from Canjam NYC. Its response by the public honestly exceeded my expectations with almost nothing but praise and only 2 people (out of ~50) not being fans of its thicker tonality. I don't think we've ever had such a universal reception to any of our headphones before as we're used to quite polarizing opinions.

Some very trusted ears such as @Max_Settings even going as far as saying it was most impressive surprise at the show even exceeding his HE1 demo - this warms my heart :)

I'm taking all this good feedback and sharing with the Team; our newest gen drivers are really something and I think open up a world of possibilities in recreating a dynamic and incisive sound on the level or exceeding most modern flagship planars. Something magical about dynamic drivers that catches nuances of harmonic overtones and realism of a performance.
I am happy with the response on W2022 from Canjam NYC. Its response by the public honestly exceeded my expectations with almost nothing but praise and only 2 people (out of ~50) not being fans of its thicker tonality. I don't think we've ever had such a universal reception to any of our headphones before as we're used to quite polarizing opinions.

Some very trusted ears such as @Max_Settings even going as far as saying it was most impressive surprise at the show even exceeding his HE1 demo - this warms my heart :)

I'm taking all this good feedback and sharing with the Team; our newest gen drivers are really something and I think open up a world of possibilities in recreating a dynamic and incisive sound on the level or exceeding most modern flagship planars. Something magical about dynamic drivers that catches nuances of harmonic overtones and realism of a performance.
Couldn’t be at Canjam but feel free to send a pair to island for me to test. 😉

Mar 23, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #275 of 480
@dleblanc343
Hi will the good setup for W2022 be at canjam sg. Interested in hearing for myself since the AT-BHA100 didnt produce satifactory results imo.
also maybe a cheap W1000Z?
Have u tried the BHA100 with an upgrade linear PSU? It sounds pretty darn good with an upgrade PSU to me.

Mar 23, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #277 of 480
@dleblanc343
Hi will the good setup for W2022 be at canjam sg. Interested in hearing for myself since the AT-BHA100 didnt produce satifactory results imo.
also maybe a cheap W1000Z?
I am not 100% sure what my affiliate at A-T Singapore are running, but I heard that the W2022 will be running off a DCA Lina.

Should sound quite good if that's what it turns out to be :)

I definitely recommend you check it out

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #278 of 480
AT outlet store sale going on now.

Attachments

• ath.jpg
    ath.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #281 of 480
Mar 24, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #285 of 480
I was also tempted as you can’t get it as good as that price on the used market. Plus you’re still covered for a whole year warranty. I held back and just got what I needed which is the w1000z.
Do you know if the ADX5000 shows up on the outlet often

Users who are viewing this thread

Back