Audio Technica m50 Problem
Apr 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

csf101

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

My AT-m50s came on the 30th. They sound great, the problem is though is that most of the music files I have are lower quality files, which makes crackling noises on the Headphones very noticeable. Pandora is good, however, I still hear a lot of crackling from the music? I'm starting to fear that something may be wrong with my Headphones. What should I do? Switch to buying CD's for every song I want? Upgrade to Pandora 1? I'm a noob to this kind of stuff, so I'm not really sure what's up. D:

Any answers are appreciated.

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 10
It could be the headphones that are defective, or it could just be the source.

Have you tried listening to CDs? They should not have the same cracking sound as low quality MP3.  If you are still hearing cracking noises, then it could be the headphones.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 10
Even with ultra low-bitrate files, it shouldn't produce unlistenable crackling unless your computer's sound card is complete crap. Did you listen to any CD's outside of your computer (on a dedicated player) or have you tried just turning the volume on your computer without playing anything?

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 10
Also, if you have any other cans or IEM's to use, see if the crackling persists while playing through those. I had this problem with FLAC playing through my Asus soundcard before I got my DAC...and I heard the crackling in every can and IEM I own.

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 10
ssrock I have tried listening to them on several different devices, the crackling is still there.

elbastardo I only have a pair of Skullcandy Hesh headphones besides this one, but I didn't notice any crackling in them. :/

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 10
I would RMA them and get another pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back