Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Sep 30, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #1,158 of 1,524
  Any tips on getting these to stay in your ear? I'm finding it very difficult

Also any tips on actually putting tips on? That is also very very difficult

try to turn clock wise ----> once they go in your ear to get them sit better

i found that helped 

so pop em in, hold the earpieces and turn like 30 degrees for them to sit inside your outer ear (well as much it can cause it will still be a big housing)

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,159 of 1,524

In order to reproduce sound with minimal distortion 

I see, thank you. Do you consider the dual driver a big difference from a single dynamic in terms of distortion?

It might be a bit less distortion but the big reason is more driver mass to  move air.  by keeping the drivers small you get fast response on the upper end and by doubling the drivers you move more air, hence MOAR bass.

Kind of like speakers with two or more of the same mid / bass drivers.  Fast yet deep.

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,160 of 1,524
  Change to some wide bore tips as soon as possible.
wink.gif
 It is mentioned million times in these threads since stock tips are really awful and muffle the sound. At least you can try Sony hybrids or the best one for me was UE600 tips. You will be rewarded with a faster bass and cleaner sound across the frequency board.

Btw, I will be getting mine probably in two days. Very excited!

Even though I Like the stock tips, I have been reading a few posts praising the UE600 tips, where can I get these ones? Is the size the same as the stock IM70?

In other words:

IM70 Large Tips = UE600 Large Tips?

Also I would not mind experimenting with SpinFit tips, same question:

IM70 Large Tips = SpinFit Large Tips?

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #1,161 of 1,524
Hi, I just got the IM50s and I'm actually kinda disappointed with it as the clarity on it is extremely poor (compared to my MSR7, although it's a large stretch, but my really cheap earpieces have had better clarity than the IM50) and I'm just wondering if it's a manufacturer's defect (hah, probably not) or if there's a way to improve the clarity as I feel that it ruins quite a bit of song quality and the experience. I'm using the foam tips if it helps.

Any advice? Thanks!

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,162 of 1,524
Hi, I just got the IM50s and I'm actually kinda disappointed with it as the clarity on it is extremely poor (compared to my MSR7, although it's a large stretch, but my really cheap earpieces have had better clarity than the IM50) and I'm just wondering if it's a manufacturer's defect (hah, probably not) or if there's a way to improve the clarity as I feel that it ruins quite a bit of song quality and the experience. I'm using the foam tips if it helps.

Any advice? Thanks!

You should get rid off that foam tips and use wide bore silicone tips. It is the foam tips that ruins the clarity and also the stock tips.They are really aawful. UE600 tips are the best for me. Jvc spiral dots, Philips 3590 and Auvio tips are also very good.

If you want the best clarity out of them, you should remove the filters first :wink:

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #1,163 of 1,524
You should get rid off that foam tips and use wide bore silicone tips. It is the foam tips that ruins the clarity and also the stock tips.They are really aawful. UE600 tips are the best for me. Jvc spiral dots, Philips 3590 and Auvio tips are also very good.

If you want the best clarity out of them, you should remove the filters first :wink:

Thanks! After posting here, I tried their stock silicone tips (dear lord my fingers hurt putting them in multiple times) and they sound so much clearer now! I do have the 3595 tips so I'll try them now, but are the stock IM50 tips or the 3595 tips better for audio quality? Thanks!

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #1,165 of 1,524
How do I do this? Also I don't want to break my earpieces because I'm a bit of a clumsy person :/

Check my previous posts and pictures please. It's very easy and reversible.

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #1,166 of 1,524
Thanks! After posting here, I tried their stock silicone tips (dear lord my fingers hurt putting them in multiple times) and they sound so much clearer now! I do have the 3595 tips so I'll try them now, but are the stock IM50 tips or the 3595 tips better for audio quality? Thanks!

3595 tips are better. The stock tips reduce the overall clarity.

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #1,168 of 1,524
Also you need to burn them at least 50 hours. They may sound a bit congested out of box. You will notice the improvement while in burn in process. Don't judge them out of box. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back