Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #181 of 1,524
so I just received my IM 50 today and the vocals are just....amazing!! I can close my eyes and feel the singer singing to me :) 
L3000.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #185 of 1,524
Thanks for the reply. That's disappointing to hear, but I'm glad I found out before I purchased them. They look smaller in promo pictures.

You're welcome. But I would say don't be put off by it just yet as everybody have different ear anatomy. If there's a chance you should probably try them out. They're a run for their price.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #188 of 1,524
Just ordered my IM50 from CDJapan, more than an month after I originally planned to buy them. I hope it's worth the wait.

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #189 of 1,524
Hello All!

I purchased the IM50's due to the great reviews from here. I already own a pair of ATH-M50's, in which I really enjoy.

First off, I am not an audiophile, but I do appreciate a great sounding headphone.

I wanted a headphone for when I sit at my desk at work. My sources are usually my phone (HTC One M8), laptop, or Sansa Zip.

I mostly listen to EDM with an emphasis in bass (i.e. trap / jersey club / etc.). 

I agree with most of the people here as these sound amazing. An ATH-M50 in IEM version, if you will. I love how these sound, unfortunately, the fit is a bit to get use to. I don't know if I have extremely small ear canals, but I feel a bit of pressure trying to just stuff these guys in. I've tried to use the smallest silicone tips as well as the supplied comply foams (medium), but it's still not the most comfortable. I constantly have to fidget with them instead of just "setting-and-forgetting". I did, however, find the comply tips to be the best sounding. 

Other than the fit, these sound great! I was using a pair of JLab Metal J6's as my daily's (desk + gym) and I could honestly say the J6's are about 65% of the IM50's. Maybe I'm just so use to being able to wear the J6's without thinking and not notice they were there. Then again, the J6's are tiny compared to the IM50's.  

In conclusion, I really find the IM50's to be enjoyable. I just hope I could find the perfect tips & sweet spot in my ears to thoroughly enjoy these. 

FYI - I've only had these for about an hour and was compelled to express my joy, hence the review. 

Johnny

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #191 of 1,524
Hello All!

I purchased the IM50's due to the great reviews from here. I already own a pair of ATH-M50's, in which I really enjoy.

First off, I am not an audiophile, but I do appreciate a great sounding headphone.

I wanted a headphone for when I sit at my desk at work. My sources are usually my phone (HTC One M8), laptop, or Sansa Zip.

I mostly listen to EDM with an emphasis in bass (i.e. trap / jersey club / etc.). 

I agree with most of the people here as these sound amazing. An ATH-M50 in IEM version, if you will. I love how these sound, unfortunately, the fit is a bit to get use to. I don't know if I have extremely small ear canals, but I feel a bit of pressure trying to just stuff these guys in. I've tried to use the smallest silicone tips as well as the supplied comply foams (medium), but it's still not the most comfortable. I constantly have to fidget with them instead of just "setting-and-forgetting". I did, however, find the comply tips to be the best sounding. 

Other than the fit, these sound great! I was using a pair of JLab Metal J6's as my daily's (desk + gym) and I could honestly say the J6's are about 65% of the IM50's. Maybe I'm just so use to being able to wear the J6's without thinking and not notice they were there. Then again, the J6's are tiny compared to the IM50's.  

In conclusion, I really find the IM50's to be enjoyable. I just hope I could find the perfect tips & sweet spot in my ears to thoroughly enjoy these. 

FYI - I've only had these for about an hour and was compelled to express my joy, hence the review. 

try twisting e iem forward than e usual backwards. I find it works alot better for me. Also a triple flange seems to get then sit still in e ear than e rest of e tips.

Johnny

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #194 of 1,524
  Hello All!

Johnny

I just got my im50 too, using them with the tips I got from my sony m1c, similar to the sony hybrids, they are bloody huge, I don't plan on taking them outside, I have my W4r for that. when I am at home I find more comfort wearing them down instead of over the ear.

They are certainly a nice change from the w4, I consider them at similar levels, with a slight preference for the w4 for the comfort and the rich vocals. Currently swapping them out depending on my mood and music preference at the time.

May 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #195 of 1,524
So my IM50 arrived 2 days ago after a lot of drama and faffing around with orders etc. At first the fit was very troublesome, and I usually have no problems with IEMs, but after using the Comply tips and fiddling around with the seal a bit they are OK now. Sound wise they are very good, Impactful bass, nice clear mids and laid back treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back