Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Jun 3, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,021 of 1,524
  Can anyone compare the IM50 vocals to the Zerio Audio Carbo Tenore and/or the Ostry KC06?

its down to those 3 for me and i really want something with amazing vocals in this general price range

thank you!

Can't compare the Tenore, but both the KC06 and the IM50 have some beautiful vocals for their price. I would choose the IM50 for its more 3D soundstage, and smoother, yet still detailed treble. The KC06 has a very nice sound signature, but it feels extremely two dimensional and can be a bit harsh in the treble region. I'm sure someone can chime in on the tenore too.

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,022 of 1,524

Can't compare the Tenore, but both the KC06 and the IM50 have some beautiful vocals for their price. I would choose the IM50 for its more 3D soundstage, and smoother, yet still detailed treble. The KC06 has a very nice sound signature, but it feels extremely two dimensional and can be a bit harsh in the treble region. I'm sure someone can chime in on the tenore too.

Can you tell me which iem edges out the other for vocals?

im trying to get the feel of vocals my old R-50's had

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #1,023 of 1,524
  Can anyone compare the IM50 vocals to the Zerio Audio Carbo Tenore and/or the Ostry KC06?

its down to those 3 for me and i really want something with amazing vocals in this general price range

thank you!

IM50 betters Tenore since the vocals in Tenore is a bit thin and laid back. Haven't heard the KC06 though. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,024 of 1,524
  IM50 have some beautiful vocals for their price. I would choose the IM50 for its more 3D soundstage, and smoother, yet still detailed treble.

That is the reason why I bought IM50 again. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #1,025 of 1,524
  Can you tell me which iem edges out the other for vocals?

im trying to get the feel of vocals my old R-50's had

For me, the IM50 are the better of the two. There's just a kind of grittiness to KC06 female vocals that, while well resolved, kept me from just falling into the music like the IM50 do. Haven't heard the R-50 so I couldn't say which is closer to that.

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,027 of 1,524
  my goodness, headphone shopping is a freaking task lol i think i might be sold on the IM50 since they're a bit cheaper. 

I too, prefer the IM50 to the Tenore, but only by a hair. They both have varied strengths owing to their different sound signatures, but I find the IM50 more engaging and musical, if only by a little. You can't go wrong with either 2, to be honest.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #1,029 of 1,524
Finally got my beloved IM50 today. Let the party begin.
beerchug.gif
  I removed the filters and paired with UE600 tips of course and  I have a spare eapriece now if one of them fails. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1,032 of 1,524
beerchug.gif
  I removed the filters and paired with UE600 tips of course and  I have a spare eapriece now if one of them fails. 
biggrin.gif

Nice, I got mine as well last week and as of today, IM50 is my go to earphones, I just love it. I was thinking what more if I got IM70 but oh well, once I have an extra I might take a look at that tho ATM, I just love the sound sig of this. Thanks to everyone who contributed and gave their impressions, it helped me on getting this IEM.

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,033 of 1,524
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome back, bro! Btw, do keep away from the screwdrivers and stuff, k? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #1,035 of 1,524
Received my IM50's today and I am really impressed. The mid-range is very rich and detailed. Vocals are fab. The bass is nice and full. The high's are bit rolled off but that
Is not a problem with me. The Ortofon EQ-5's I have which are much more expensiveI are thin and schrill with little bass by comparison and I was never really happy with them. I much prefer the IM-50's so the EQ-5's will be going. The build quality of the IM-50's is very impressive for the price of £32.00 I paid for them including postage.

Congrats. Seems like a full-bodied, well-rounded sound is what you are looking for. For this sound signature, the IM50/70 are some of the best contenders in the price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back