Audio Technica CK10 -v- Ortofon e-Q7
Jan 26, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #17 of 27
A comparative thread already exists for the CK100 and e-Q7. I was interested in the CK100 but having read up on it, I've decided to steer clear of it. The CK10 looks like it might be more my cup of tea. I believe that you have one on the way?

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 27
Yeah, arriving via UPS Thursday. I see it as the third leg of my perfect under-$200 IEM "stool," in that I have the Trip Customs (to me, the reshell has really changed their sound for the better), the Westone 2s (which I like more than the W3s or UM3X, pardon the blasphemy) and the CK10s, I hope. If not, I will return them to newegg or sell them at what I paid ($199) to someone who might want them abroad (or in Canada), since I am not sure you can get them cheaply outside of the US. But I don't know that for sure.

I am weary, and I hope this search is over. I think it might be.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #20 of 27
Guess not. I don't think they will be comparable (I mean sound sig-wise), which is sort of why I bought the CK10. But again, if they are too close to either of those other phones, I'll let got the one I like the least. But I have a feeling I will keep all three.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #21 of 27
The CK10 is pretty dynamic despite housing dual mini balanced armatures, so that is why its separation is very good. With the right tips, it is simply one of the best if not the best for a neutral, yet smooth listen. The Ortofon is more about power and nuance, while the CK10 is about flexibility, speed, and dynamics.

If you want more bass impact though, the Ortofon is the one to grab.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #22 of 27
Based on that, I am glad I got the CK10. Does it respond well to EQ? I saw where Jant71 says it does. And I do use Sony Clear Bass on the X, rather than an amp with bass boost, etc.

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #23 of 27
Well, I know that according to the thread topic I'm not qualified because I've not heard the CK10. Nevertheless I've heard a lot of others including the CK100 and I'd like to add the one virtue of the Ortofon that strikes me above all others: clarity. The e-Q7 is easily the clearest IEM I've ever heard. This clarity is not confined to the highs (like on some others) but extends way down across the whole frequency range to the lowest bass, resulting in an exceptionally transparent sound signature.

Compared to this, even the CK100 with its super detailed and smooth highs sounds muddy when you look at the whole frequency range. Maybe the CK10 can keep up to the e-Q7 in this regard, but so far, among those I've heard, the e-Q7 stands out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back