Audio Technica Battle: Pro700MKII's vs. M50's
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

J Bones

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone here actually gotten to own both of these pairs or tried both long enough to compare them? I can't really get a straight answer as to how they compare, only opinions and reviews on one or the other as most people have either owned just the M50 or just the Pro700. It seems to me that the bass response is stronger but not as controlled or responsive for the Pro700's, and that the M50's may actually isolate in higher frequencies a little bit better (although audibly this may not be noticeable). And I really have no clue how the midrange performs between the two, although not as transparent as the Q701's,  I would think it would be just fine to serve the purpose I am looking for. I've been battling between the two pairs in looking for a pair of cans that I can use with bass-heavy music in place of my Q701's, and I was leaning towards the Pro700's although I may now just end up going with the M50's. Any and all opinions are welcome 
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Final bump...as I'm starting to feel that no one has owned both of these. Oh well.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 4
I only own the PRO700MKII, but I'm very happy with them. Chose them over the M50 due to the reviews indicating they were more suitable as "bass cans" than the M50. If I come across a good price for the M50 I'd be inclined to scoop them, and I'll be sure to track this thread down.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 4
I had heard both sides of the story saying that the MKII's were more suitable for bass but also that it was sometimes too much. I actually just bought for cheap a pair of M50's but I am still curious how they really perform compared to the MKII's. I essentially have these now solely for when I listen to EDM type music only as I will use my Q701's for all my other R&B/Rock type music. I also saw the Pro700 model as well up for sale at a few places, but they look to be the worst of the three models I've mentioned here so I didn't really give them too much thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back